Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy first exam wh00t

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Oh... tomorrow will not be a fun day.

Finally... Something we agree on. :D

I am f**ked for tomorro. Wtf I'm doing posting here when I should be studyin I just do not know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I'm half studying, flicking between sparknotes and boards.

If sparknotes can't save me, nothing com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

"nothing com"?

I think you've been online for too long darlin... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Are you kidding?
    I got the c, didn't I?

That's a pretty good effort for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Um, this may seem like a dumb question but what's the story with the Irish Revolution? Is it the 1916 Rising or the United Irish rebellion? The reason I ask is that after browsing past papers the question has been on the United Irish rebellion but I was under the impression the revolution was the 1916 Rising? Were there lectures on the United Irish Rebellion? I'm starting to panic now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

No, it's 1913-21 i think. The past papers were a different course, and a different layout so dont rely on them!

beanyb wrote:
    No, it's 1913-21 i think. The past papers were a different course, and a different layout so dont rely on them!

Good. This is what I wanted to hear. Can anyone esle back this up and also give any tips for tomorrow? Please? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Dunno how reliable my tips will be... but I'll give it a shot! Unionism, he really seemed to like that... is the civil war a natural conclusion to the rev? Only doing that because it was on a test our tutor gave us. And British policy towards Ireland I belief is quite important too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Heh, why bother going in at all then if you're just going to sit there and doodle?
    ;)

For everyone doing first year arts exams, this should encourage you a bit..

I did 1/4 essays for Philosophy (worth 25%), went to pretty much no tutorials after Christmas, and got a solid 50%. Waffled like a good thing in the exam too.

Did 3/8 History essays (worth 25%), and same story with tutorials...and I nailed that mother****er with a 55%.

French...missed the aural exam completely (worth 11%) because I didn't know it was on and still somehow managed to get 52%.

This year, I'm trying the same experiment in second year.

Sure, if I did my essays and went to my tutorials, these exams wouldn't be a challenge at all! I did this to myself on purpose....yes. Yes I did.

Philosophy 1 today...was relatively alright, bastard put Necessity, Liberty and Miracles all in the same section though. So I had to write a completely bull**** answer on Aristotle's virtue crap (still don't know what it means), but the other 3 questions were fine and dandy.

Bring on Saturday! Eeep.

Vainglory wrote:
    Did 3/8 History essays (worth 25%), and same story with tutorials...and I nailed that mother****er with a 55%.

That does actually encourage me as my situation is probably worse than yours was. I did 3/8 history essays but attended very few tutorials. (Damn you 9 o'clock on a Monday morning) I wasn't even in history for the first two months or so as I joined later though I doubt this will be acknowledged by the 'powers that be'. Hopefully I'll scrape a pass though. 55% is excellent. I'd just love the 40 myself. Come on Wiki!

• Advertisement

9 o'clock lectures in first year History? Eeeesh...they've changed that since last year..I had the relative comfort of five 10 o'clocks.

Believe me though...I was THE slacker of the year last year...I thought there was no hope..and I ended up with a miraculous 2:2. Important thing is never to give up because you think you might have done a ****ty paper.

In Arts, there is ALWAYS hope ;)

Vainglory wrote:
    9 o'clock lectures in first year History? Eeeesh...they've changed that since last year..I had the relative comfort of five 10 o'clocks.

Believe me though...I was THE slacker of the year last year...I thought there was no hope..and I ended up with a miraculous 2:2. Important thing is never to give up because you think you might have done a ****ty paper.

In Arts, there is ALWAYS hope ;)

You're a good motivator Vainglory! I'm going to head over to Wikipedia now in the hope I can learn all about the revolutions before tomorrow. :o

I hereby dub myself Madame Motivator of the board.

Advertisement