Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dlp

Options
  • 03-05-2005 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Has anyone experience with DLP rear screen projection tv.s

Ive read the tech babble on www.dlp.com and it claims a way better picture than lcd and plasma - no screen burn and zero motion blur.

is this all true? if anyones bought/seen a DLP TV in action - can they rate it against plasmas or other lcd tvs they've see.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

My brother bought the LG 44" one from TV & Video Direct for 1,840 euro delivered.

The picture is stunning and compared to one of the Plasma 42inch ones I had seen (I think a Samsung) the LG was far better. Factor in the cost of replacing the bulb after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HOB-it

nice. do you think anything bigger than a 44" (say a 50") would reduce picture quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Theres no screen burn in on RPTV, DLP or LCD.

You should go and have a look at a set as some people see a "rainbow" effect while watching DLP screens. This is very distracting.

And www.dlp.com is not a good place to be reading up about this stuff. Try find an independant source. www.avforums.com would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HOB-it

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Theres no screen burn in on RPTV, DLP or LCD.

You should go and have a look at a set as some people see a "rainbow" effect while watching DLP screens. This is very distracting.

And www.dlp.com is not a good place to be reading up about this stuff. Try find an independant source. www.avforums.com would be a good start.

cheers Ciaran. Spent the day looking at the forum. Seems DLP has a tendency to cause the odd person a headache or two.

Ive been thinking of getting this whale of a yoke

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_24541.html

seems to have gotten some pretty good reviews in the forum. Will give it some futher thought

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Moorsie

Haven't seen any rear projection DLP tv's down here that are Hd Ready. Went to Newry to have a look at a Sammy 50 inch. Herself didn't like the design more than anything else. Still think they suffer slightly in that you have to be at a fairly front on angle for the best picture ( some side angles and you can't see much compared to a crt ). Haven't said that they are far better than what went before. Currys had the Sammy for 3000 stg. Seen it on UK websites for 1900 stg. Troble then is organising delivery. That place unbeatable.co.uk quoted me 200 stg to deliver to Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement