Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junkies everywhere? How many do you see a week.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I don't know I still thinks that ratio sounds wrong. Athlone has a heroine problem and so does Limerick and I would guess Cork and Galway probably have a problem too. I know I read about junkies in Donegal too.

Yes, all those places have a heroin problem too.. I dunno, it's very hard to try to get accurate figures on it from any government websites... tried the CSO, Eastern Health Board and even the national advisory committee on drugs (seems like a waste of taxpayers money, doing glorified statistics work on drug addiction in travellers and homeless people tbh... should have spent the money on prevention and treatment). None of those sites can give any real figures (of course it would be pretty much impossible to have an accurate figure), only estimates. I guess the figure quoted for junkies could be accurate when you consider the number of people in Dublin, plus the fact that there are usually areas with drug addicts nearby to most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Kernel wrote:

It's very difficult to find any data from all the ****ty Irish government bodies, and I can't view pdf files in work, but I think the 12,000 / 13,000 figure is scaremongering. Heroin use in the inner city is also nowhere near as bad as it once was.

bear in mind that various govt funded bodies for drug addiction do sweet FA to get most junkies off drugs, so it doesnt suit their book to release accurate figures as it would show how little impact their jobs have on drug abuse

Back in the mid-late 90s I'd probably see 20-30 junkies a day in ballymun, couldnt walk to the shopping centre without being asked 2-3 times if i was looking. When Mary Robinson paid a royal visit the guards drafted in extra numbers just to whoosh all the brass monkeys and dealers offside for the day, whenever they tried to drift back they were told to **** off in no uncertain terms. course, next day it was business as usual and the law looking the other way :rolleyes:

Things are better these days or else its just not out in the open as much

• Registered Users Posts: 5 yumfluff

Ok, I have just come back from the Basque country. I was there about 2 months. I have lived in Dublin nearly all my life, I am 20 years of age, and I have NEVER seen as many bloodsucking pointless wastes of space than I have in the last 3 years! A month before I went away, I got attacked by one in the middle of the day on Abby street. Nobody helped me (and of course the Guards were off scratchin their holes), he stabbed my with a needle and robbed 50E off me. Just when I thought lightning wont strike twice, I was cashing up in work and as I was getting into the car another ****ing peice of scum runs up to the door, I got the lock in time and drove over his toe. As he kept running along the side banging on the window and grasping the handle.

This is what I and many others have to face up to every mother-****ing day. The Garda LET these lifeless zombies roam freely around the city, scoring where they can because their to scared to approach the infected creeps also! THEY let this get so bad.. something needs to be done but its not going to be nice. Go Nazi on them, lock them up in a confined area together, let them get clean or die. The drug destroys the soul, family, the pretty streets that Dublin once had when it was more under control. Somethings NEEDS to be done.. for all you other inhabitants of Dublin city, because Im moving to Spain.
    Hasta luegoo!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement