Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Solicitor for House Purchase

Options
  • 03-05-2005 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am in the middle of trying to get sale agreed on a house in dublin and I am fit to pull my hair out with the stress of it all. Been waiting ages to get some sort of agreement from the vendors on a house I have set my heart on.......Any recommendations on a good solicitor to deal with house purchasing papers? I expect to pay a price of around 2000 which is crazy money but there doesnt seem to be any alternative. Thanks.. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

if the €2K is for the solicitor's professional fee alone, then you're being stung. phone aournd, you'll get it cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pheasantplucker

Nope! 2 grand includes all the usual stuff like title/Admin etc... professional fee is between €999 (lawyer.ie) and €1500 in most places. Willing to pay average (€2000) once I know they are efficient and will do an efficient quick job!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

2 grand is the going rate if u include search fees and admin / vat etc. what are u buying new or used? apartment or house? is it being sold at a 'bargain' price (i know there arent any bargains really) but u know what i mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

I have a contact who will do the professional fee for €800.

PM me if you want me to get her to contact you regarding same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pheasantplucker

PM'ed ya. Thanks..

• Advertisement
Advertisement