Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is every thread a plug when there's a gig guide page?

Options
  • 03-05-2005 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Moan over! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

these are the questions gerry, these are the questions.

anyway - start an interesting thread and people will reply.
    people don't generally discuss stuff on gig threads, they sink pretty quick.

y'know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gerrymc

but all the interesting threads may have been sunk due to plugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

This forum died a death about 2 years ago and the only thing that keeps it going are the "plugs".

Post interesting threads, or threads that will get a discussion going (try and be intelligent about it though!)

Threads like the "Song Tag game" and "What choon are you washing your car to now?" are a bit tedious and nobody really gives a crap, the Song Tag one should have been locked ages ago as it's run it's course.

There's a definite difference in the people who post here these days. Maybe I've just changed a lot in the last three years, maybe I'm just getting old, but there's nothing to hold my interest here any more the same banter isn't there.

I think the chatroom helped a bit then, but then that turned into a horrible mess and most of the regulars stopped using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Damo Rice

Nothing like a good old fashioned Plug!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

where?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i post plugs here for my friends band has people might not neccisarily come from boards to look at this (eg they come from the phantom website)

while i'm here

Jaded Sun plus very special guests, singer/songwriter Deblorah Jane and Ireland's premier soul band Santoria, LIVE @ Eamonn Doran's this Saturday May 7th.

Doors: 8pm

Admission: €8 with late bar

Drop by the website www.jaded-sun.com or come by and say hello in the forum www.jaded-sun.com

Listen to some Jaded Sun tracks www.jaded-sun.com/downloads.html

sorry couldnt resist

give a mile, take an inch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ah it was going a begging to be done you know it was

I......agree. Santoria well worth a plug, not of the butt kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Im sure it will come alive once Phantom get back on air

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tombo

If Air had a song called Pantom then you could say Phanon by Air on Phantom on air. Wow.

Now, with posts like that wouldn't you prefer if I just plugged something? Like my ears with dynamite...

I can think of another place...

Advertisement