Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2K5, May 18th-20th

Options
  • 03-05-2005 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Right so, with E3 steadily approaching (1 second per second by my calculations) I thought it was about time we got a thread going.

What are your predictions? What do you think will be the big hitter? Any revelations on the Revolution? Are Microsoft going to do a 360? When will the PS4 arrive? (Lol)

I'll stop that now.

Personally I see Sony and Microsoft as being the focus of most attention. Or perhaps Nintendo will let people play the Revolution. Just think of it, in 10 years we could all be like, "Hey, remember when Nintendo unexpectedly showcased the Revolution at E3?! Didn't that rock!?"

A man can dream.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

My predictions is MS stealing the show and Nintendo delaying showing the revolution till closer to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

My prediction is Nintendo saying lots about how Revolution will change things and at the same time reveal that there's **** all games coming out in the next 6 months for cube and DS...

I'm a fan boy yes, always have been, but they'll have to do something quick to restore my loyalty and logical arguement dismissing of Sony and M$...

I really hope to god Revolution lives up to it's name...I'd hate to spoil my collection of Nintendo machines with someone elses machinery..

Saying that, I think Sony will pull a few surprises and I expect their ps3 to be something special. I've looked at their cell processor and what impresses me is the scalability more than anything else.
    M$ will be all show and dance alright but I'm not expecting them to trump Sony....(dream sequence...cut to 2 years after E3...Nintendo dominant!...dream ends...)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

My predictions are that Microsoft will unveil the Xbox360 to universal acclaim. Then Sony will come along with the PS3 and blow them outta the water. Nintendo == WTF??!! Gyroscopes?? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't think we will see the revolution at E3 but will see it at the TGS. Microsoft and Sony will show their respective consoles as well. As for who will make the biggest impression I'm not sure but what I can be sure of is that any news of the new Zelda will drive the americans into a frenzy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I don't think we will see the revolution at E3 but will see it at the TGS. Microsoft and Sony will show their respective consoles as well. As for who will make the biggest impression I'm not sure but what I can be sure of is that any news of the new Zelda will drive the americans into a frenzy
    When's TGS? I don't think Nintendo are fussed about whether Sony or m$ get a head start on the hype - as long as they don't on launch - so if TGS is say, a month away, they could well do it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I always look at e3 as what will i be playing at Xmas type thing.
    Zelda , Hl2 expansions, Stalker, some pics of Sam be nice.
    New consoles well some info be nice.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo have basically confirmed that they won't show the console or what makes it unique at E3 but will have videos and rolling demos of the games. it will be interesting to see how powerful the console is compared to the other two. i was very impressed with the GC tech. It didn't have the brute power of the xbox but had some gorgeous graphical effects like the volumetric fur (weren't the moogles in FF:CC so huggable! :D ).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

For those of you who aren’t going (or don’t plan to view live video streams etc) any requests for information, photographs etc of anything?

A video of the nintendo conference. It always makes me laugh. Anything Zelda related or any material related to the new games machines would be nice as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I perdict that E3 is going to screw up my exam, as they both start on the same day.

To be honest, I fell very underwhelmed by the approach of the next gen consoles, and am growing weary of playing the same games over and over.

In order of interest:
    Nintendo, to see what the revolution is all about.
    XBox, to see where they are going with the live service
    Sony, to see whether the fuss about cell is true.

What i'm really looking forward to is the fanboy wars directly after, with every one quoting the press releases, shouting about how one console can do more gigaflops than the other console, all with the majority of them not understanding a word of what they are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

This is Ninty's last chance IMO. Get it right or go the way of Sega and concentrate on games and leave the machines to the big boys. I'd hate to see that happen. Where would we be without the rumble pack, analogue sticks, touch screens or indeed ....... the conga's. Long live Nintendo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

sprinkles wrote:
    This is Ninty's last chance IMO. Get it right or go the way of Sega and concentrate on games and leave the machines to the big boys. I'd hate to see that happen. Where would we be without the rumble pack, analogue sticks, touch screens or indeed ....... the conga's. Long live Nintendo!!

The GB is still the dominating handheld on the market and the GC sold pretty well in America and Japan. Rumours has it that from day1 the GC hardware was sold at a profit.

Theres plenty of life left in Nintendo still. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Black and white 2 im getting more and more excited the more i read about it

Ciaran500 wrote:
    The GB is still the dominating handheld on the market and the GC sold pretty well in America and Japan. Rumours has it that from day1 the GC hardware was sold at a profit.

It wasn't sold at a profit but the Games to consoles sold ratio is extremely high with the Gamecube so Nintendo made a huge profit from it. Compare that to the xbox which was sold at a huge loss and had a games to consoles sold ratio of a little over 2:1. Huge losses for microsoft but it did it's job. Xbox is now a household name like Playstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I think its funny the way everyone is going on about 'Cell' processors and can't wait to see what they do and whats its all about etc...

Newsflash, cell processing was invented and has been used since the 70's, they are in your tv, your mobile phone etc... its nothing new just the first time they have been used in a console. The Xbox 360 using a 3 core processor is almost an identical product!!! The only difference being that the 3 core can be used to integrate the graphics memory bandwidth (not sure if they are doing this but rumours are that they are) hence solving the age old problem that has dogged gamers.

The amount of hype surround the PS3 cell is unreal and frankly not warranted, it’s the same as the 3 core just different badge. We are all falling into Sony’s age old trap. Say one thing and get the world in a frenzy of hype so they simply have to buy a PlayStation.

As someone said, what’s going to be brilliant and funny is all the fan boy bashing throwing out tech specs etc… saying how one will wipe the floor with the other without having seen either. Kind of like the old pub debate where we all heatedly argue over the respective merits of a Ferrari 360 against a 355 without ever having driven either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

get some good shots of the E3 girls

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

iregk wrote:
    Newsflash, cell processing was invented and has been used since the 70's, they are in your tv, your mobile phone etc... its nothing new just the first time they have been used in a console. The Xbox 360 using a 3 core processor is almost an identical product!!! The only difference being that the 3 core can be used to integrate the graphics memory bandwidth (not sure if they are doing this but rumours are that they are) hence solving the age old problem that has dogged gamers.

Ehh

How have cell processors been in my TV and mobile phone. I dont see an 8 core processor powering my nokia do I??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

I would like to see Ninty surprisingly present the GBA2 which would completely kill the PSP. wouldn't it be great to have a portable which would play the GC games.
    that would blow everythign out of the water at E3

jaggeh wrote:
    get some good shots of the E3 girls

Oh yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Peteee wrote:
    Ehh

How have cell processors been in my TV and mobile phone. I dont see an 8 core processor powering my nokia do I??!!

Ok, obviously im not meaning to the same extent that the ps3 will have them, but cell technology has been powering tv's, phones, pda's etc... for years. In the ps3 they have mearly made them bigger (not in a physical sence) and more powerful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement