Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Dwarf Movie?

• 03-05-2005 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I heard recently that there were plans to turn Red Dwarf into a movie, did anyone else hear this? Although it could be just talk. I couldn't imagine it with different actors.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Yeh there were a fair few threads about it a while ago but they've all since been moved into the archives...

It's been planned for the past 5 years or so but last I heard they had only finished casting (same actors fairly much as the series)

There's been no news about it in aaaaaaaaages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Ya very little on the wire about the movie. Last i saw Craig Charles was getttin his ass kicked in that celeb olympics thingy.Well funny he doesnt exactly look light on his feet anymore.Still il watch UK Gold and all them when they repeat the good old shows.

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Sadly the last i heard about Craig Charles he is going to be on corri street as a part owner of the taxi company...

'Craig on Corrie', but you see what we're getting at.

www.reddwarf.co.uk/

Quoted from Red Dwarf website

As rumoured all over the place, and now confirmed by Coronation Street's publicity department, Craig Charles will be joining the show's regular cast for filming very shortly, on a three-month initial contract.

His arrival - which will hit ITV1 in June of this year - will be as new character Lloyd Bowen, who's apparently going to buy a half-share in the local cab firm Street Cars from series regular Dev. This puts him in business with Steve McDonald. And if it sounds like we're just reading this off a press release, well, tough. The last time we saw Coronation Street, Ken Barlow was one of the most dynamic and interesting characters in British drama. Probably.

We'll have more on Craig's involvement closer to the time; for now, we hope you've been seeing him in The Games - puking in the street, smoking instead of swimming, skiving training and buying his very own boat. Not much of a work ethic, but you can't knock the entertainment value. (Though the highlight for us so far has been Mel Giedroyc, who's proved to be both hilarious and utterly endearing.)

do not therat the cast will be the same check out the site link for more info

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

bad enough they got ian mc kellen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

It's been in pre-production Hell for the last five years. Something tells me we won't be seeing it any time soon. :-/

• Advertisement
Advertisement