Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England's weaknesses

Options
  • 03-05-2005 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭

I usually play with Arsenal and I can beat pretty much any team on 4/5stars. The problem is that I can't seem to beat or even dominate against England. The y always have the back four with the full backs never pushing forward and a holding player makes effectively three centre backs. Also when they have the ball they have Beckham who delivers a fantastic cross and Rooney and Owen always seem to get on the end of them and if thats not working they have lightning quick counter-attacks. I can't seem to stop them from scoring or breaking down their defence.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They quite easy let them come at you beat the central mids and run at the CBs with anyone one will come to you leaving your strikers free.

Try make a big gap from when you beat the Mids to the CBs, bigger the distanc better chance of scoring.You can then put the ball forward or the wings.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

So do you think I should defend and break down their attack and play the forwards quickly through the middle by luring out a CB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They push up very far and the mid all move up with noone protecting the back 4 , beat that and your in.

As a one off play one midfielder in the hole and constantly play the ball to him.

kdjac

Advertisement