Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Best Album ?

Options
  • 03-05-2005 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi Guy's

Which Is The Best Metallica Album to Get, the one with most of their hits on it :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

If you want a kind of greatest hits type thing you could try their classical album, Symphony and Metallica. The Black Album has Enter Sandman and that sort of stuff on it but I'd recommend Kill 'em All.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

master of puppets does it for me i must say but yeah as a kind of best of i would have to agree with the above post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭drummer2290

Ride the Lightning does it for me!!!top-class album...one of my favs!!!..
    ..Fight fire......Ride the lightning....Bell tollz....Fade to black...creeping death....all the songs are sweet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

yeah, its hard to decided its a big 4-way between the first four albums, but if you want the more mainstream, go The Black Album onwards

personally, atm its Ride The Lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Black album is definitely the way to get introduced to Metallica. For me, ...And justice for all is my favourite. Its funny how every Metallica fan has a different favourite album. Very few bands could claim such a boast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cessy

it is tough but if it was like i was held at gunpoint tortured and tickled then i wud have to say master of puppets but i do like rtl nd s&m oh im so fickle......

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Metallica's Metallica album also known as The Black Album. Was a very sucessful album and brought them more into the mainstream. Loads of good songs on it, Enter Sandman being one of my favorites songs ever!!! You won't be disappointed!! Also a good album if you're not into the heavier metal stuff they're done! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

defo kill em all!

cessy wrote:
    it is tough but if it was like i was held at gunpoint tortured and tickled then i wud have to say master of puppets but i do like rtl nd s&m oh im so fickle......
    lol! what some ppl would go through :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    defo kill em all!

"METAL UP YOUR F***IN AAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!" as the man woud say.

hmm, probably justice for me. How about a process of elimiation.....

S&M (great concept, but no matter how many times I listen, it just sounds like an ochestra playng in compete igonance of each other.
    St. Anger, weak, weak album.
    Reload iiffy at best.

I recon their best was up until justice.

• Advertisement

"METAL UP YOUR F***IN AAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!" as the man woud say.

yays go kill em all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Master of Puppets for me

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

definately master of puppets! ride the lightning is a close second. you cant go wrong really. o but stay away from reload i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Wasn't "Metal Up Your Ass" supposed to be the original proposed title for the album that ended up being named "Ride The Lightning"?

My favourite album of theirs would be St. Anger, closely followed by Load.*

*: Clearly I jest! The correct answer would be the self titled album followed by Ride the Lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

had me goin there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

ride the lighting atm

****ing hate reload

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

and of the 3 from master of puppets,ride the lightning, . . . and justice for all.
    Cant make the decision more than that sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

ride the lightning. class bit of music!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

definetely ride for me but you cant go wrong with anything up until the black album anything after that is an aquired taste to say the least!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

. . . and Justice for all

I love that album. There is, or was anyway a site with MP3s of that album but with the bass brought up in the mix. I think it was called . . . and Justice for Jason or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pastor of Muppets definetly.

hey its metallica EVERYTHING is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

HAHAHAH, YOU SO FUNNY! :D

thanky!

Totally agree!

I hafta disagree here, Load, Reload and St. Anger are total piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Id go for Mater of Puppets as an introduction, tbh. Its just great. Then id pick Ride the Lightning. They're my two fav's!!!

Marts wrote:
    I hafta disagree here, Load, Reload and St. Anger are total piss!

By far St Anger is their worst album , But I wouldnt exactly call it piss , Its just a different style to their other stuff.

Just get kill em all to ease yerself into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

im rather partial to kill 'em all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

I disagree with the statement that St. Anger is "Crap", "Piss" and so on.

I think it's an enormously powerful album. Some hell-raising songs in there. Stadium choruses don't come much better than in St. Anger and Frantic. And nobody can deny that the album as a whole contains some of Lars's best drummery to date.

Sure, it's very different to Metallica's previous work, but it DOES signify a new direction for a band that, let's face it, badly needed a new direction. But it's hardly fair to say that because an album is different, it's crap.

Anyone agree with me?

Advertisement