Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Best Album ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I think that metallicas best album has to be St. Anger.
    *thumbs up*
    Theyre great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

justice for all is my second fav! some class pieces of work like blackened and the frayed ends of sanity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I'd reccommend justice. Most people have heard 'one' before so that's something to look out for but Blackened really kicks ass. Basically you can't go wrong with anything they released up to and including the black album. It's all must hear stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol @ st anger :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Master of Puppets I'd say, its the only decent album where they haven't ripped someone off more than once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Master of Puppets for me.
    It's funny how the black album acts so much like a line in the sand.
    You just can't like albums from both sides of the line (Although, there's always one, and that one always finds the thread they're mentioned in ;) )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and for some of us you can't like the line either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Black album. I love all of 'em except for Kill 'em all and St. Anger, they sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

upmeath wrote:
    If you want to see where the real 'Tallica's at, without the, imo, overhype, get ...And Justice For All. It's before they became HHUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEE but it's every bit as well-produced and thrashy as anything else they've ever done. Particular attention to be paid to the title track, One, Harvester Of Sorrow and Blackened

Yes Justice has some great songs, Blackened and One being the highlights, but to claim that it's well produced is jsut not accurate. In fact it's really badly produced and even the band admits that. (hence the arrival of Bob Rawk after that). They basically said that during the making of that album, james would go in and turn up the guitars, then Lars would turn up the drums and back and forth between the two. The bass is non existant. Probably had a lot to do with the fact that Jason being the new guy couldnt throw his weight around.

Also some of the songs on that album went on a bit too long. Now the first 3 albums, seriously good. There's a reason Metallica are the biggest metal band ever and it's those first 3 albums. I think I could barely name one song out or those 25 that I *dont* like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 rootofallevil

Deadwing wrote:
    I think that metallicas best album has to be St. Anger.
    *thumbs up*
    Theyre great.
    Why is this guy still alive, he's obvously so dumb its dangerous
    oh and by the way S&M is the album for people with a passing interest in Metallica's "Hits" to get but Master of Puppets is the dogs b*ll*x for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Why is this guy still alive, he's obvously so dumb its dangerous

I'd imagine this is the reason why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

should of made this a poll anyway my favourite metallica album is 'metallica'
    2nd 'one'
    3rd garage inc (whiskey in the jar rules)
    4th st anger

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I recently moved and wanted to start in a new place with fresh music associations in my brain... so I went out and bought St.Anger (Metallica's latest). It was a bit hard to listen to at first as its full on and in your face..... but what a great album to crank up the volume and go to work on the tube!

Get this one.

Best song probably "Invisible Kid"

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Has to be, Master of Puppets followed by Justice for All.

Did someone say St. Anger??

I couldnt trust my eyes to see that surely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

For a decent Metallica album go for Mexico Live 91!
    Expensive but worth it!
    Check it out!

Metallica's Best Ever Setlist (as performed in Mexico 91)

Enter Sandman
    Creeping Death
    Harvestor of Sorrow
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Sad But True
    Of Wolf and Man
    The Unforgiven
    ...And Justice for All Medley
    Bass/Guitar Solos
    Through the Never
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    Fade to Black
    Master of Puppets
    Seek and Destroy
    Whiplash
    Nothing Else Matters
    Wherever I May Roam
    Am I Evil
    Last Caress
    One
    ++++++++++++++++
    The Four Horsemen
    Battery
    So What
    +++++++++++++++++
    Motorbreath
    Stone Cold Crazy

Just classic Metallica, flawless at best!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ride the Lightning or Kill Em All

0utshined wrote:
    I'd imagine this is the reason why.
    heh!
    and good carcass link two cool quotes !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Kill em all!!

Advertisement