Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman is a big phony!

Options
  • 03-05-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Batman (or Bruce, depending on how you look at it) just bought his way into Superhero-status. It's disgraceful when you think you much trouble Superman and Spiderman (coming from a different planet and getting bitten by a radioactive spider respectively) had to go to to earn the rank. Batman is just a big phony!

And how phallic is his car? It's such a power trip, just liking avenging his parents' deaths. Likewise, Catwoman is useless too. What was Halle Berry thinking? Dar liomsa, he's an overrated blowhard. Daredevil is really cool. Thought he film did him little justice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Oh yeah he just bought his way in to it. :rolleyes:
    The dude saw his parents being shot infront of his eyes then studied like a madass in the sciences and in the martial arts. Left his hometown to travel the world working like a beast for his teachers. Became not only an Olympic class athlete but also one of the greatest minds in detective and forensics on Earth. All while increasing the size of WayneTech industries drastically.
    Yeah he didn't do a drop of work, he just bought it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

oh dont ditch batman!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Wow. I must have a superpower too, because from all the way down here in Cork, I can hear your one braincell crying, because it's all alone.

Batman & Ironman are both "heroes" whose abilities lay in their own intellect and ability to apply it to the world around them. Supermans abilities lie in having a body that happens to be invincible when he's close enough (ie on the Earth) to the Sun. Which one sounds like he might put work in to gain the edge in any given situation? (Hint : not the guy flying around in blue pyjamas).

Christ, I don't even read superheroes...why am I in this retarded thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I guess he's entitled to his opinion. Even if he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

You guys know he is not real right!? :)

Sorry i couldnt resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Batman is just a glorified vigilante with a chip on his shoulder!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yeah, because other superheroes are more psychologically valid and morally justifiable. :rolleyes:

You're talking about the relative merits of hypothetical people who run around in spandex outfits and "fight crime". Talking about them as real people is a bit redundant, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

There's a fundamental difference in character idealism between eg. Batman/punisher and Superman/Spiderman.

The latter are people who find they have super human powers and have to make a decision to either use them for good or for bad. It's a tough one, but it's circumstantial and they can't change what they have.

The former are people who have made a moral choice to do good, but have to spend their entire lives chasing the ability to be able to enforce this choice. They don't get it easy. They have to work hard to get where they are.

That said, they are just characters. They're figments of people's imaginations.

In saying that though...

...I'm BATMAN! Do you want to ride with the BATMAN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Superman wants to be Clark Kent. Bruce Wayne is Batman. The classic is when they are at Sandman's funneral Clark Kent and Batman are there as that's who they think they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

Even funnier than that is the Martian guy who never has 'that crazy dream where you're in a TV show'. Hilarious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement