Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Slow Tonight?

• 03-05-2005 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I've tried rebooting and restarting my modem, but I'm still getting very slow speeds on NTL tonight. Most of the time, DU Meter shows between 0-3 KBps, with an occasional burst of speed. Anyone else seeing this?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Nope, but look here
    and check your speed here
    I got 722/93.5 and then 721/125 on ntl 750/128

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Download speeds are ok,but browsing is terrible/pages loading up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Mad M: Yup, same here. When I tried a speed test, it's fine. I've pinged the DNS servers (194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100) - I get timeouts every 5-6 pings.

Wonder will setting a proxy server fix the problem, as it did a similar NTL problem a while back? Does anyone have a link to that thread?

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

What area you in? Im kimmage.Ive come across this before from time to time.It might be ok tomorrow but if not get onto phone to them as will I.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Doesn't seem to be any problems up here in Cabra at the moment. Do ya normally have trouble on your NTL? (Dublin 15 anyone? :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement

D.16 is normally fine - only the odd time pings go higher than normal - but nothing overly noticeable from a user perspective.

causal

Was still slow this morning. Nope, my NTL is usually fine, I must say; this is the first problem I've had. Will send support an email, hopefully get it sorted out soon.

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've got the address & ports of some NTL proxy servers that solved similar problems I've had in the past with my connection. PM if you want to try them - I dont want to post these addresses publicly

I tried some without any luck - got a list just by googling for "NTL proxy". :)

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Infini wrote:
    Doesn't seem to be any problems up here in Cabra at the moment. Do ya normally have trouble on your NTL? (Dublin 15 anyone? :rolleyes: )

D15 CRAP

• Advertisement

Rang NTL, said they could their Cable Modem Support team could only help me if I'm sitting in front of my computer - and I don't get home til after they leave. :( Is anyone else out there using NTL in the Christchurch area? Can you tell me if your connection is fine?

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

D.15 I'm having a lot of problems. Slow, bad pings, no connection the works.

D.15 I'm having a lot of problems. Slow, bad pings, no connection the works.

Mee too but I also got IBB too and its FASSSSSSSTTTTTTTT !! NTL trail nearly up !! (extended by 3 months for freee due to BAD SERVICE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

The NTL nework in Dublin 15 is notorious for bad service on boards. Don't know what the exact problem is but I don't know why at this stage it hasn't been sorted out after all this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Tonight the only site I can hit is the boards.ie for some reason. I can get my email aswell but can't hit anywhere else on the web.

I'm not having that problem so it might be something local in your area :(

causal

causal wrote:
    I'm not having that problem so it might be something local in your area :(

causal

where are you living ? ther is many URS locations around Dublin some areas good some areas bad................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,634 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

NTL Lucan is fine, as always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dublin 12 is almost always perfect...there have been one of two slight issues, and once I went through a proxy server, it's been 40 knots, no smoke..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

causal wrote:
    Nope, but look here
    and check your speed here
    I got 722/93.5 and then 721/125 on ntl 750/128

causal

I got 1.30Mbps download
    and 1.20Mbps upload ???

Quality of Service 40%
    Max Pause 361ms

WTF does that mean...

• Advertisement