Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 and Xbox 360

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Well there's no doubt that these machines will allow for far better physics and AI, and the architectures of each machines, 6 or 8 threads, really complements the advances that gamers want. Whether or not the developers will do what the machines is another thing, sure middleware solutions are available for the physics part of things, but as it is programming AI is ridiculously hard, worse than physics from what I've written myself(though all my game coding is at an amatuer level), and synchronising multiple threads will not be easy with something as complicated as a game. I think we'll only see the machines shine a while after the developers all get out of the single thread mindset that game programmers have lived with for years.
    In the past it was very much the hardware holding the developers back, but it seems developers have a bit of catching up to do with the hardware now.

Like steviec said i think we'll feel the same about the next as we did with the ps1 generation, and I can't wait to see what the developers have in store.

Advertisement