Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL & Linksys WRT54G

• 03-05-2005 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on jumping over onto NTL this month. Has anyone succcessfully got NTL networked with a Linksys WRT54G?

I'd rather not buy a new router but I'm almost certain this should work.. If anyone has definately got this working, let me know.

Thanks,
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

dlofnep wrote:
    I'm planning on jumping over onto NTL this month. Has anyone succcessfully got NTL networked with a Linksys WRT54G?
    There's no problem. I've been using my WRT54G with NTL for about 6 months. It's a bloody great WiFi router and I wouldn't want to change it.
    I have upgraded the firmware several times and am currently running v3.03.6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thanks capistrano.. Appreciated bud. I figured I wouldn't have any problems with it but I just wanted to be on the safe side, yanno? Time to place this NTL order tomorrow then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Yeah - and don't forget ntl are going to increase the speeds on June 1st :)

causal

Yeah, I got the flyer in the door today. 3 meg for 45 euro. How bad.. :)

dlofnep wrote:
    Yeah, I got the flyer in the door today. 3 meg for 45 euro. How bad.. :)
    Does the flyer mention upload speeds? And 1MB and 2MB options too?

• Advertisement

Yeah

NTL Broadband Starter: 1mb (25 euro)
    NTL Broadband: 2mb (35 euro)
    NTL broadband Max: 3mb ($45)* (from 1st of june)

And any mention of the upload speeds?

The ntl website says:
    1Mbps/100kbps
    2Mbps/200kbps
    3Mbps/300kbps

Or do you want to know what the leaflet says (just in case it's higher!)

causal

Cheers! I hadn't come across that announcement. The 1MB option is much better than what they offer in the UK (2GB cap). Nice for us to get a better offerrring in Ireland for once!

Any idea if we'll be automatically upgraded or will we have to apply like they had to in the UK?

Leaflet is the same as the website.

• Advertisement

[guesswork]
    I'd say we'll all be automagically updated - but it'll probably require a modem reboot (worth remembering if the modem is on 24/7 for your VoIP connection ;) )
    [/guesswork]

causal

Advertisement