Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ted Dibiasie on his way?

• 03-05-2005 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

The word making the rounds right now regarding Ted DiBiase's 90-day trial run as a creative consultant for WWE is that many don't seem impressed with him at this point. Many feel he has a lot of catching up to do in regards to what happend in the last 15+ years in the business. Given what was said about him from others, the opinion is that he thinks something that worked 20 years ago would work with today's audience. DiBiase hasn't reportedly watched wrestling on a regular basis for well over a decade.

pwtorch.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Well i don't know if Dibiase's out of touch with the business or not, but i reckon if WWE have him under contract they should use him as an on air talent again.I think he'd make agreat GM, or he could bring back the Million dollar title and select a modern day star to be his Champion.Or what about doing somehting with his old protege the Ringmaster? ( And no, i'm not suggesting Austin should go back to calling himself that, although i am kinda sorry they never went ahead with the name Chilli McFreeze, just to actually hear that name announced before a match)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

bring back Virgil, w00t!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I'm pretty sure I've seen virgil as a ringside security guy a couple of times over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I saw Virgil driving a cab down in Limerick.

Bring back DiBiase - class performer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

but do u guys think he would be more suited to raw or smackdown.

if hogan is to come back for another run i say put them on smackdown together.ted dibiase vs hulk hogan.

u could have ted dibiase alonside JBL and his cabinet to take on HOgan,Cena,HBK(SMACKDOWN),RVD.

or on raw have him make a stable to take on evolution.say dibiase,benoit,shelton against HHH,Ric Flair and Randy Orton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I think JBL would have to shift character or drop down the cad for a DiBiase comeback to work. He would make a kick ass general manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

blackbelt wrote:
    but do u guys think he would be more suited to raw or smackdown.

if hogan is to come back for another run i say put them on smackdown together.ted dibiase vs hulk hogan.

u could have ted dibiase alonside JBL and his cabinet to take on HOgan,Cena,HBK(SMACKDOWN),RVD.

or on raw have him make a stable to take on evolution.say dibiase,benoit,shelton against HHH,Ric Flair and Randy Orton

I think he'd be best off on Raw as GM at the moment, Bischoff's gone very stale lately.They don't seem to know what to do with him at the moment, he's neither a face or a heel and has certainly lost of the threatening power he once had.
    Dibiase as a complete heeel GM would be brilliant, he would work well aligning himself with any of the heels on either show really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

maybe but i was just thinking if they ever booted bischoff or long they could have Hogan and Dibiase fight it out or campaign against each other for the General manager role.

i think wwe dont refer to past angles or feuds.you used to see two wrestlers hating each others guts and beating the hell out of each other then months or years past you see them co-existing as if nothing ever happened.

eg piper and hogan.it was like it was personal.then in the late eighties early nineties they are the best of friends.

i think it would be good to bring them back and renew the rivalry.if dibiase was to join smackdown he would be like ric flair on raw but dibiase cant really wrestle anymore due to his injuries he sustained back in 1993.

so i think a power struggle between him and hogan with the opportunity for a match would work well

Advertisement