Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit Breaks

Options
  • 03-05-2005 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

What was the best limit break out of all the Final Fantasy games?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Omni-slash. Beauty, eh, limit breaker-fied. anyone notice the similarities to this limit breaker and the a scene from the matrix.

Actually its the only one i can think of worth mentioning. Squalls final one, something heart if I remember correctly, was a nifty copy of omnislash but I much prefer the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Omnislash for me too, it was just so brutal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Omni-slash. Beauty, eh, limit breaker-fied. anyone notice the similarities to this limit breaker and the a scene from the matrix.

Actually its the only one i can think of worth mentioning. Squalls final one, something heart if I remember correctly, was a nifty copy of omnislash but I much prefer the original.

It was Lion Heart. Omni-slash is also my favorite expecially when ya use it against Sephiroth. FEEL MY FURY! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

omnislash was the best with wakkas attack reels coming in second place, provided you could get the bloody thing right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

yea, i remember the first time i saw omnislash, i was like :eek:

auron had some good ones, because he'd always say something cool like 'this is for the fallen!' or 'pray, now!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

yeah omnislash or lionheart, but does anima's limit break count? oblivion kicked ass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

You can count that in if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Crass

Omnislash obviously. First time you see it your just like :eek: at the brutality.

The most helpful one that didn't attack was Rinoa's one where it turned you invinsible for a while, saved me from dying in the last fight on FFVIII.

i renew my support for the omnislash, such a nice reward after all that time spent in that battle arena, and it looks fairly bling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I am going to have to say LionHeart because of the increased interactivity (the hitting R1 thing)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Crass

It's Renzokuken that has the R1 thing ;)

Yeah but its basicly part of it , y'know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

whats the one you get right at the end of FF7? I only just started playin this game proper and im only about 6 hour in but i remember watchin a mateplayin it loads when i was younger. there was this big boss that used "supernova" on you and then if i remember there was a one on one fight not long after with cloud and someone else and there was a limit break you got right atthe end which killed the guy straight of. what was that called?

My memory seems to tell me that it is just the omnislash. Of course my memory has been proven terrible so many times. Is that the battle where you have to tap "O"?

No thats the battle that you cant lose against sephiroth, no "O" pushing if i recall

Pity you dont actually get the omnislash forever though

Was that the methaphorical fight or the other fight?

thats the battle but i always wondered, my friend alwaysl taped O so I thought you had too aswell. NooB

Tapping O in the fear that he attacks you maybe, even though you cant lose youd think hed beat you if you werent sure what was going on

Guess I just didnt want to try not doing it , alot of work possibly down the pan if it didnt work , y'know

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you cancel you will just attack and finish him off automatically after a while with no omnislash.

Must try that , sounds even easier than X's final battle.

• Advertisement

Xs final battle was a joke but it took so long taking into account the
    aeon business
    , and then the jecht stuff and all the rig-a-ma-roll you went through, worth it for the final sequence though

I was pretty disappointed with the practical uses of the overdrives in that game

I agree , once you broke the damage limit their uses are scarce.

they tended not to work on the bosses, like the attacks reels would take off 120,000 or something foolish like that

Its also extremely annoying how none of the status ailments work on any of the bosses after a while or most enemies.

God that was annoyong, and how things like delay attack didnt work

By the time you got half those abilities, they didnt work on most of the stufff you were up against

That being said it is reasonable that you cant put an immortal entity to sleep but it would have been nice for it to work on the battle arena fellas and so forth

grimloch wrote:
    God that was annoyong, and how things like delay attack didnt work

By the time you got half those abilities, they didnt work on most of the stufff you were up against

That being said it is reasonable that you cant put an immortal entity to sleep but it would have been nice for it to work on the battle arena fellas and so forth

If you played it right practically all bosses had a weakness. It would have been silly if you could incapacitate a boss with multiple status ailments. I also liked the bit at the end of FFX although it was more because it was very cinematic and I adore the music during that part.

Most of the bosses had no elemental weakness, i am specifically referring to the battle arena fellows who you had to painfully slog through to max stats.

Plus the ailments tended to be obselete once you got them in general.

Yep , nearly all skills are obselete by the time you have got most of them. They really didnt think it through.

Well the arena bosses were optional and there for a challenge.

• Advertisement

Just because theyre optional doesnt mean you can just throw them in half assed, in order to beat the dark aeons and penance and all that other jazz you need to fight them alot and ones like the big iron giant and the flan are the most bloody annoying things you can ask for.

Plus in the last area by the time youd achieved a fair amount of abilities they were obselete, i know the game was easy but its the principle of the matter.

Advertisement