Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit Breaks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

To be honest though, the breaking the damage cap in FFX was just completely over the top, it was just square trying to make the game mega long. Fair enough, you needed it to be Penance and co. but .. it was just silly, I would've been much happier if they'dd left the 9999 cap and made penance like Ruby/Emerald in VII or Omega in VIII.

Limit breaks .. hmm... the best ones are Lionheart/Omnislash, closely follow by Zell/Wakkas attack reels yoke.
    The most beautiful ones and Aeris's in FFVII and Aurons in FFX!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I liked aurons becasue of the phrases he used to throw out before doing them like "this is for the fallen" or something along the lines.

VII had a few good limit breaks now that i think about it, Barretts catastrophe was cool and so wsa Cids highwind, cant remember if thats the name or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Yeah , see voice acting can add alot.

The damage limit definately needsa to be capped otherwise come final fantasy XV or whatever , the 1000000 hit will not be out of the ordinary.

The limits tended not to hit max damage though with the bosses, understandable i suppose but they at times did less than normal atacks for some reason.

Taking it back to FFVII, you could hit 9999 and with the limit break exceed that a great deal, that was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'd prefer the breaking of damage limit to be more constrained. For example, certain limit breaks, summons and maybe magic can break damage limit. A bit like in FF8 (where I think only Eden, and some of the limit breaks could break damage limit).

• Advertisement

That's sort of like FFX though in a way, I can hit constantly for 99,999 but the limit breaks can do about 120,000.

I've always approved of the limit breaks being greatly stronger than normal attacks, i.e. multiple hits and so forth.

Well they kind of have to be otherwise they are just utterly useless.

I found them to be useless enough in FFX because they werent as relatively powerful once you broke the damage limit and got a high strength, they seemed to lose their power.

Yeah , lets hope they learn , I just have atoned myself to ignore the flashing overdrive sign.

Yeah , lets hope they learn , I just have atoned myself to ignore the flashing overdrive sign.

Ha, thats exactly what i do too. I'm sure they will have fixed it by the next release, are they only going to be online from now or something?

/off to google I go.

• Advertisement

Online sucks ass because you buy the game and then the c**ts expect you to pay monthly fees. Jeez , they're thick , that really put them down a notch in my repect . So come summer , I think I'll buy Guild Wars instead.

That's why I don't play those games, shelling out the RRP every 3 or 4 months is a joke. I think XII is offline so we might see the travesty remedied.

Guild wars is nice and free I take it?

Yeah , just buy the game and thats it visit their site. The even T the P out of other games on their site by saying things like " you've bought the game so why pay monthly fees" and such.

As long as their future games aren't like it i don't mind. I'll tolerate one or two online games as long as a fewe regular ones are released.

How in the name of God does a limit break thread turn into this?

Boredom played a big part , I'd guess

In conjunction with my tendencies to go off on the strangest tangents.

Back on topic I think we can all agree that the omnislash is the best practical limit.

Ah , no i said the lion heart but only because Im an antagonist

We'll I've actually yet to witness a limit in that game, and I'm on disc three, they never seem to crop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

grimloch wrote:
    We'll I've actually yet to witness a limit in that game, and I'm on disc three, they never seem to crop up.
    You must not be letting your characters get beat up enough... let the fiends smack Squall around for a while and then let rip (upgrading your weapon with weapons monthly magazines gives you new ones... eg. The Lionheart gives you (you guessed it) the Lionheart)

Blasting Zone is quality

I generally found that when my characters were weak, my main priority was getting their hp back, not using some bling moves. Either way I've never seen one, I'll give it a try once the game gets dug up.

• Advertisement

Omg... , just omg

I had the Lionheart on either the first or early second disc and you havent even done one? :eek:

No, never, not even once. Like i said when my characters are injured i heal them, not attack. I don't like the way they did limits on that game.

Yeah , as I said , eith having the lionheart unbelievably early , all I had to do was make Squall have yellow health and that was it , 4 or 5 linohearts in a row.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You could try using the aura spell which gives a high probability of a limit break appearing no matter what your health is. Another trick is when you are on low health you can keep pressing cancel until the limit break appears but thats cheating :D

I must give that a try, provided I can find the bloody game, maybe I'd enjoy the game more with limits breaks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Desperado I think by Laguna in 8 was pretty good.

But just what did that rope swing from? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

But just what did that rope swing from? :confused:

No idea, Just remember it taking off a lot of damage.

I also just learned of aliens and ufos in 8..... madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

I always thought the BRAVER in VII was deadly because it was the first REALLY cool attack you see in the game :)

• Advertisement

I remember (when I was younger) jumping of a fence with a broomstick in my hand doing that move and I hit my friend really hard :D

Advertisement