Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Connection Problem

• 04-05-2005 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Is anyone having problems with connecting to the internet using Irish Broadband (I'm using their Breeze product). I think their gateway is down. I can ping both of their DNS servers, but not the gateway 83.141.64.65. Thanks in advance, Philip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I don't know alot about this, so I might be talking BS. But isn't the gateway address refering to a your modem/antenna?

EDIT: IBB working fine for me here, but I have a different gateway.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

I am on the atrium, and have had no connection since around 10 last night.

Which site are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 philipjmurphy

They seem to be having some technical problems. Engineer has been sent out according to IB. Should be fixed within the hour. He's hoping.

I am in the Blanchardstown area.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

Just off the phone myself, said that they were aware that it went down around 11 last night, but it was more like around 10 as i was online when it went.

I am in the Whitestown area of Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 philipjmurphy

Wasn't too sure myself, but here is a difinition from www.webopedia.com for
    Gateway:-

(n.) (1) A node on a network that serves as an entrance to another network. In enterprises, the gateway is the computer that routes the traffic from a workstation to the outside network that is serving the Web pages. In homes, the gateway is the ISP that connects the user to the internet.
    In enterprises, the gateway node often acts as a proxy server and a firewall. The gateway is also associated with both a router, which use headers and forwarding tables to determine where packets are sent, and a switch, which provides the actual path for the packet in and out of the gateway.

(2) A computer system located on earth that switches data signals and voice signals between satellites and terrestrial networks.

(3) An earlier term for router, though now obsolete in this sense as router is commonly used.

So, I think that this is the IB server that I need to connect to before I can access their service.

Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers,

Philip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭BCB

mmmm doesnt sound too good,ive just ordered Irish Broadband my free trial with Esat BT runs out soon and im tempted by IB`s no installation charge and €36 a Month but reading stuff like this doesnt look good,so overall what would be the opinion on IB?All opinions appreciated........ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

The radio is an ethernet bridge. The gateway is at the mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

duno if its anyway related but 3 rock service is absolutely awful today

down to speeds worse than 56k :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I noticed it down that night but i did get an email saying it was going down between 2am and 4am on that night anyway. i just figured they had started their work early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Narcom

BCB wrote:
    so overall what would be the opinion on IB?All opinions appreciated........ ;)

The Breeze service used to be grand, now for most people since the 'upgrade' the entire thing is fairly consistent muck for a lot of posters here on boards. Do a quick search on threads here over the past month or so. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

Narcom wrote:
    The Breeze service used to be grand, now for most people since the 'upgrade' the entire thing is fairly consistent muck for a lot of posters here on boards. Do a quick search on threads here over the past month or so. :(

Is the Breeze service still bad? Where abouts are you based? Dublin or Cork?

My interest is posted here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=253668

Joe Leavy

anyone else getting rotten speeds this weekend on 3 rock?

anyone else suffering with really bad connection off 3 rock-been dire for the last 3 days at all times....

gsand wrote:
    anyone else suffering with really bad connection off 3 rock-been dire for the last 3 days at all times....

As i type i've lost the connection -- but that is not strange for Tree Rock since the downgrade :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

mine is fine 3 rock ill do sone speed tests now and post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

now that ye mention it is is a bit slow 1Mb Breeze home 3rock

now that ye mention it is is a bit slow 1Mb Breeze home 3rock

I'm only on eh....Ripwave... 56k?!?!?! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

guys try a programme like HLSW to monitor where the porblem is by ping trace route, they might be just doing an update on the network in your area

D :)

Advertisement