Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any DIY soundtrack software out there?

• 04-05-2005 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'd like to make my own score and skip the need to use
    copyrighted music. I'd like to make a track something
    along the lines of that tune in Assault on Precinct 13. Does anyone
    know of software out there that lets you mess around composing your
    own music ? ps - I know absolutely nothing about music......
    cheers,
    reece

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Garageband for the mac it's about 90€ and is bloody fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You know nothing aout music? Not the best place to start ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Garage band has a load of pre arrange beats etc, you can change temp and speed.

I couldn't carry a tune with some sherpa's and I've had some fun playing around with set arrangements, so it's the best place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

excellent, thanks for the recommendation,
    cheers,
    reece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ah, so it's got lots of loops. I see your idea.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 macleod

Garageband is brilliant
    Multi-track recording and an abolutely brilliant place to start. Once you have a project you can move it into Logic Express or Pro for further editing and mixing. That's if you ever feel the need as you can use all kinds of AU plugins and there's even the VST-AU adapter....You can automate too and use the plugins with logic - bias peak, digital perfomer, etc...
    Loops are great for inspiration but the ultimate is to make your own...
    I have never used garageband myself but have watched the demos and keynotes and it's very simple. I use both Logic Pro and Pro Tools LE but they humungous beasts and take a while to get used to are very reqarding - learn them key commands.

Advertisement