Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - opening SWF in a SWF problem

Options
  • 04-05-2005 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I have a parent swf file that when it loads it also opens a child swf movie in it. I used the loadmovienum command for this.

Now what I want to have happen is when I click on a link in the child swf movie it unloads the child movie and opens another child movie in its place.

I've tried loads of things but no joy.
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Attn The General: pointless and unhelpful posts are always deleted/edited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

OK let me explain it another way...........

I have my main swf movie that has a table of contents. Now when I
    click on the first topic say 'Introduction' it will open another swf file to the right of the table of contents. This is easy enough to do.
    Then when I click on another topic in the table of contents the 'Introduction' swf will unload and the new topic say 'Chapter 1' will load keeping the main swf open. I've tried the unload movie command but it unloads the whole movie. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Do you understand now???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Keith123 - have you tried searching the flash specific forums out there?

www.flashkit.com - has a massive and very helpful flash forum that seems to deal with most issues in flash

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I'm not a flash expert, but maybe you should try using the windowpane component for opening an external .swf into a parent.

Like Ph3n0m said also, www.flashkit.com is a great resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Thanks guys - I've posted this also on the flashkit forum. still waiting for a reply....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

keith123 wrote:
    Thanks guys - I've posted this also on the flashkit forum. still waiting for a reply....

try loading the child swf into an MC on a certain keyframe of that MC. then on another keyframe load another.

All you have to do for the link in the first child swf is
    _root.childMCchanger.gotoAndStop(25);

.... just a quick idea anyhow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

you might be able to rob some code for that from here

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/transitions.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

on (release){
    unloadmovenum("oldmovie.swf", "target");
    loadmovienum("newmovie.swf", "target");
    }

stick that code on your button, if your using buttons, make sure that both targets are the same and bobs you uncle, i think the code i wrote is what your looking for, if its not just PM me and let me know.

Advertisement