Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork Beach Hat Tournament

• 04-05-2005 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

so heres the announcement for the Cork Beach Hat Tournament....and it promises to be even better than last year!! So if youre interested (no matter what youre experience level is youre more than welcome) email ucc_ultimate@hotmail.com or if you want more details pm me and Ill let you know.

-tadhgrrr

Hey all,

This is the official announcement you've all been waiting for. Yes, it's back. The second annual Cork Beach Hat and Layout Championships of Ireland will be taking place in the beautiful, sunny beach of Garryvoe on the weekend of the 21st and 22nd of May. Just like last year it's going to be two days of hot, sweaty fun and ultimate on the softest sand in the country. And to make things even better we're going to hold an 8 or 16 team Double Disc Court tournament as well.

What could be better than all this you ask. Well, what about the expertly cooked barbeque feast that we will all enjoy after the games on Saturday. Or the party on the sand that will go on long into the night, full of singing, hole-digging and bonfires. Or most importantly of all, the special feeling you get inside when you go home on Sunday evening red raw and full of sand and happy.

Accomodation will be laid on in Cork for the Friday night beforehand, as well as a mad party in the Franciscan Well Brewery where the teams will be chosen. Then it's camping on the beach on Saturday. If you have a tent bring it, if you have two even better. If you don't have one at all, don't worry. As long as you're hot and wearing a bikini there'll be room for you somewhere. So put it in your diaries now people, the 21st and 22nd of May. Cork Beach Hat 2005. See you all there.

Rob

PS Captains and independent players. Could you please register your interest, confirm your numbers as soon as possible by email. It's €20 entry fee per player, including barbeque on Saturday night.Cheers
    Play Skulltimate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

hey there i was just wonderin if, in your seeming infinite wisdom, you could inform me how you play double disc. i'm relatively new at ultimate but i'm good enough. i'm tryin to rope some of my buddies in too, saw this game before however didn't understand it. ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

it is indeed infinite...or maybe thats just google ;)

all you need to know!

http://www.pellucid.com/conrad/ddc/

are you gonna come to cork for our hat tournament!!??

no sorry some of us young pups are studyin for the leavin at the mo. however next year i'll be down there in force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

should be a great weekend.. can't wait to get down there

hey there how'd the tourney go????????? any pictures up r anythin

• Advertisement

it was a great tourniment.. don't have pictures.. (yet) but this should help you work out what happend. i wrote it a this morning.

Cork Frisbee Beach Tournament

Frisbee players came from far a wide
    All to throw discs at the seaside
    The sun was out and pitch was clear
    Everyone had smile as they took out the beer
    The teams were ready the scene was set
    Then the rain came and we all got wet

The rain soon cleared, play went on as planned
    Nothing tastes worse than a mouth full of sand
    Shoulders found out how hard the wind blows
    She found it was easier to catch your own throws
    And the poor crippled team, we began to harass
    The come back to which was Dom’s shiny white ass

As the day went on, we discover one fact
    Blonde robs team was defiantly stacked
    Team after team they began to unravel
    Despite jerry claiming each move was a “travel”
    After the games when people felt dire
    We all sat around a big bon fire

All I remember really is how much i drank
    The rest of night is a bit of a blank
    I thought it was morning, I saw a bright red light
    But It was Emer’s sunburn that lit up the night
    Breakfast was served and people got fed
    No one was ready for the tough day ahead

My team I thought could come to no harm
    That was until Ste fell and messed up his arm
    Winning the final was our main intention
    Despite needing some kind of divine intervention
    The Final looming, my team was outdone
    We were beaten by Blondes a whopping 7 - 1

by Seb Berkovich

if you wanna read more aboot the events in non-rhyming detail. go to
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~ultimate/forum/
    there are a few accounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's sand in Garryvoe? I've been going there since I was 2, and I haven't seen any sand down there in five years or more...

adam

if there wasn't sad, then they were teh softed rocks i've even fallen on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Where are we talking about, up by the causeway? Is there really that much sand up there? There's certainly very little dry sand down the other end, and I don't remember there being a whole lot up the causeway end. Ain't been there since last summer, but still...

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jewel

I don't know what beach you were at but the one we went to was covered with sand. Can't tell you exactly where but I am sure Tadhg can clear it up for us :) It was the best beach tournie I have been to so far. Great craic altogether boy!

Tyrrial love the poem :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement