Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 0

Options
  • 04-05-2005 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

just bought this after having my mind blown by RE4, and seeing it for £9.99 on play.com

but, jesus lads, the control system is *appalling*, almost impossible to use.
    game does look great, but the difference between it and RE4 is something else.

just holding r and repeatedly pressing fire to deal with all enemies is pretty dull too

also finding the limited carrying options very very frustrating at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

the corpo wrote:
    just bought this after having my mind blown by RE4, and seeing it for £9.99 on play.com

just holding r and repeatedly pressing fire to deal with all enemies is pretty dull too

Well resi 4 is a bit of a departure from the rest of the series...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was never a fan of Resident Evil 0. It just didn't seem to have been designed as well as the other games and the story really didn't go anywhere.

I thought the REmake was much better.... although it still has the same dodgey control system where everyone moves like the guy out of the original Grand Theft Auto games...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

the corpo wrote:

Well i like to turn aut aiming off when I play. Resi 4 is such a huge leap forward and such a great game it's enevitable that you would be disappointed by Resi 0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

i need a hug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Well what did you expect? Did you not know that RE4 is the only game of the series to be feature that different gameplay style?
    Anyway I agree with RE0 being a fairly "meh" game overall. Does anybody actually care about Rebecca? I thought she was the series most hated character. The enemies are crap too, oooooh a killer monkey! Good one Capcom... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I liked Bec-Becs. She's cute. Other than that not really (although it was hilarious in Resi 1 when she said 'You've bitten by a poisonous snake!'. Fantastic piece of early 32-bit dreadful acting). I did enjoy Resi 0 but just not as much as the other games in the series. I'd still say it's worth a play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

In a way i found 0 to be almost a bridge between the old stle of gameplay(1,2,3 etc) and the new style(4). It took out the puzzle orientated gameplay of the first few and replaced it with more action sequences. While definitly not the best in the series, it is still a quality title. However if a was a newbie to the series starting at 4 i can see how dissapointment would exist

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I enjoyed 0 a lot, the system was a bit of a jump from the old 'turn on the spot slowly' and into a new 'let the other character back you up even if they cant choot for s**t'.

Its a nice game and fills in a few of the blanks and adds a lot storywise.

Methinks ill go home and play it now... ive got a hankering for molotovs and leechmen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Haven't played 4 yet. Did they change that dreadful outdated control system? Don't get me wrong, I love the series but that control system was getting on a bit.

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    Haven't played 4 yet. Did they change that dreadful outdated control system? Don't get me wrong, I love the series but that control system was getting on a bit.

Well they didn't exactly change it but because of the new over the shoulder camera it feels like a completely new game. And what do you mean you haven't played it yet? Buy the damn thing! It's a serious contender for Game of the Year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

My consoles are gone :(

That's mgs3 and re4 i'm missing out on now :mad:

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Oh come on, Becca was a wimp. Nothing on Jill "The master of unlocking" Valentine.

Here are some more gems:

Barry :"I found this weapon. It's really powerful, especially against living things!"

After killing Plant 42, Chris says: "Looks like we got to the... root of the problem."

And the eternal
    Barry: "You were almost a Jill sandwich!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Creature wrote:
    And the eternal
    Barry: "You were almost a Jill sandwich!"
    You just know that Barry would love a Jill sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

"Who are ya what are you doin here" that was my favourite line from the shop keeper in RE2.
    I found RE0 to just be annoying, bad plot , bad controls , loads of backtracking, lots of leaving you in situations with no ammo , lots of stupid bosses (really stupid).

Advertisement