Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband\Fiber @ 10mbit or more..

• 04-05-2005 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi ppl,
    i'm Italian.. and i'm going to take a master in Dublin. So that I need to use Internet over there and I want to know about some nice ISP :)

Is there something of really cheap? (In Sweden 10mbit is 34eu\month, and 100mbit is 100eu\month -> see here )

If 10mbit is expensive there.. i prefer a really slow adsl but really cheap (15..20 eu/month). So that: 1) 20eu/month @ 300 kbit/s; 2) 100eu/moth @ 10 or 100Mbit/s..

Please help me and excuse me for my English (I think it's not so bad..)

PS: If somebody is studying @ DCU (Informatic Engeneering) and want to help me.. just let me know using PM.. but this is another history :>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The current cheapest is €50 inc. phone line rental for 1mb with a 12gb a month limit or €57 inc. phone line rental for 2mb with 24gb a month cap. http://esatbt.com/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_Products_&residentialProducts_actionOverride=/pageflows/residentialContent/products/internetProduct

If you lucky you might be able to get unlimited 2mb www.irishboradband.com, but that depend on where you will be living.

10mb is still a very distant dream for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ciaran500 wrote:
    10mb is still a very distant dream for us.
    Exactly - come back to us in 5 years time and maybe then we can talk about 10Mb :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

It could even take longer than 5 years the way it goes here. 512 is only now seeming to be slow in BB circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Welcome to the crappiest country for broadband mate. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Infini wrote:
    Welcome to the crappiest country for broadband mate. :D
    He'll need 10 Meg at least to view boards.ie if every user adds 50K images to their sig ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Or he can turn off images in his browser ;)

b0ss, if you are in area covered by ntl you could get 1Mbps/100kbps for €25 per month; and afaik they are still giving free tv rental for 12 months.

causal

Advertisement