Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final - Going to Liverpool

• 04-05-2005 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

A few of us have booked flights & accomodation to Liverpool for the CL Final. It'll be the next best thing to Istanbul.
    Flights with Aer Finglas were €46 each.

Not sure where we'll watch the match yet, but any suggestions?

I'm hoping they will have a big screen at Anfield.

Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

any of the pubs in town would be packed mate.
    I'm tryin to get flights sorted out to istanbul. anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

ianomccabe wrote:
    I'm tryin to get flights sorted out to istanbul. anyone any ideas?

I'm looking around myself. Wife was quoted €1550 for two nights inc. match ticket. Beginning to look like good value when you see what ticket agencies are charging. Most expensive ticket from UEFA was €150, these are now going for €1150 and upwards.

If anyone finds any good deals let us know here.

i have tickets already just need to sort out flights. Word is there will be day trips scheduled from liverpool at about 200-250 sterling not including a match ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm hoping to get tickets for the final itself - a old (rich) mate of my dad's has a corporate box at Anfield - so fingers crossed there. If I can't them, I'll head to Liverpool instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have my turkish relatives on the case of getting as couple of tickets, I assume they'll be in the neutral section but I don't care. Anyone know when these go on sale, the UEFA site just says "following the semi finals". HAve to wait to see if I get tickets befor eI organise travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The ballot for the neutral tickets has already been held. The home tickets will probably go on sale next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ISTANBUL TICKETS
    The Ataturk Olympic holds just under 70,000
    Both clubs will be given a maximum of 20,000 tickets each
    14,500 tickets have been allocated to the 'football family', including national associations
    A further 7,500 tickets will be sold to Turkish nationals
    The remaining 7,500 tickets have been sold to the general public via the Uefa website

kdjac

yeah ste ya needed to apply for tickets weeks ago and the option is closed now on the site.
    I just need flights, its surreal i cant believe im gonna be seeing our Liverpool in a champions League Final :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Well I booked me flight to Liverpool earlier today and there's about 5 or 6 of us going over :) I just haven't got the money to go to Turkey regardless of whether I'd get a ticket or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement