Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless networking and Broadband

• 04-05-2005 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

This maybe stupid......

I have just put in Eircom Home Starter.

1mb Down/128kb Up

I have done the speed test on http://www.irishisptest.com/ while connected to the wireless router via the RJ45 port and i get 860kbps approx down and 106 kbps up approx.

When i connect to the router via the 802.11b wireless dongle, i get 600kbps approx down and 106 kbps up approx.

i would have thought 11mbps would have been well enough to be able achieve max speed.

Why is that?

Theres nothing else on the wireless network and the router and PC are right next to each other, Signal excellent etc.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I used to have an 802.11b router with the matching wireless dongle and the speeds were crap until I got a new 802.11b+g adapter. This improved things alot. maybe you just have a crap piece of kit like I had :)

Advertisement