Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very slow UTV network since yesterday

• 04-05-2005 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

the network became very very slow since yesterday, does anybody same as my? I got more than 3000ms ping to Google, that's worse speed I never met before!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

Took ages for the DSL modem to connect yesterday, 20 mins+..But once connected I was getting great pings to ET servers..

I get pings of 1 to UK servers. Does anyone know if thats is a true ping or some kind of glitch? I always have about 3 or four ET servers with a ping of 1.

Pablo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

didnt notice anything here anyway... one thing I thought strange though; I changed the dns on a domain name and utv resolved to the new ip quicker than eircom broadband. came into work today and the eircom bb is still pointing the domain to the old server.... Ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Terra

getting very bad pings tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ericzheng

It might caused by the Router which comes with UTV, because I after switch off it for a while then connect it again, the speed back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mirage

My UTV dial up for BB now takes multiple attempts to connect. Anybody else the same?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

mirage wrote:
    My UTV dial up for BB now takes multiple attempts to connect. Anybody else the same?

yep I'm getting this as well. Been happening for about 2 months now, it's especially annoying because my router doesn't have autoredial so I have to sit there for about 15 mins pressing connect over and over and over. I'm considering getting out of my contract and going else where...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭geecee

Snap!
    I have the same problem
    Takes ages to connect to the server, need to redial 20+ times most times to get a connection...

I'd have moved ISPs a long ago only for the downtime that would be required to change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

ericzheng wrote:
    the network became very very slow since yesterday, does anybody same as my? I got more than 3000ms ping to Google, that's worse speed I never met before!!!

Mine is as fast as ever with pretty reliable pings. Google pings are usually around 150-200 all the time, try pinging boards.ie or jolt.co.uk

Also, are you on PPoE or PPoA. If your on PPoE try switching to PPoA if you can. That greatly improved my speed and pings.

Advertisement