Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Gamestop are ****e, wow! what a wonderfully well thought out reposte, man you must be the toast of all the best parties with smart and witty comments like that, why not read the comment by the Gamestop employee and shut the hell up.

gamestop is ****e is a fair comment in my experience, and enough of the shup up comments pls fool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

If this thread continues going in the direction this is going, it'll be locked.

I don't mind if people call Gamestop ****e, as long as they give some sort of reason to support this. In fact, I encourage people to tell of their experience with games retailers, because after all, it is our money that's being spent.

Less insubstantial, abusive posts though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gamestop has been a great suppiler of most of my game collection as it stands.
    You never know what someone is going to trade in and let you find.
    Sorry to see their PS1 stuff being got rid of, all lot of things I had hoped to pick up with out having to go online to do it.
    I guess I'll never get that copy of Castlevania Symphony of the Night now, not for less than €70 anyway!

There are far too many people out there whose only interaction with the outside world is via online RPGs, I propose a twice yearly cull, dragging the pasty faced boys blinking into the sunshine and beating them to death with a deluxe boxed edition of Ultima online or something. Maybe they think they're cool because their mum says they are?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmmm... With a lack of a credit card, I cant buy games online or pay for City of Heroes, so does anyone know of a place i can get a city of heroes time card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

There are far too many people out there whose only interaction with the outside world is via online RPGs, I propose a twice yearly cull, dragging the pasty faced boys blinking into the sunshine and beating them to death with a deluxe boxed edition of Ultima online or something. Maybe they think they're cool because their mum says they are?

bahhhhhha ahahhahahahahah :D:D:D:D:D:D

Class

yup Cat, I need a credit card to. Just got outta debt so time to get back into debt..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

I saw this thing the other day; you can buy a prepaid one shot credit card in banks now, specifically for use on the Internet. You just walk in and buy it then use it for whatever on the net..quite a good idea I thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh Dear, there seems to be more of you out there than I thought, maybe if I back out of the room quietly and don't disturb any of their 20 sided dice they won't notice me.

Anyone else really disappointed with Doom3 on xbox? Its all a bit, well, boring really, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

If you are talking about the small(ish) one with the red (ish) colour hair, I hadn't seen her in ages but she resurfaced again, saw her there the last day when I was buying a few DVD's.

Cute isn't the word. :p

got any pictures :)

i was in gamestop in kilkenny the other day, second hand gamecube games for 45 :confused:

they do have nice offers the odd time, i got eternal darkenss for 8 euro and got fifa 2003 free with it.
    A friend of mine got pandora tomorrow on the xbox for a tenner, i have noticed lately in the wexford branch that the have reduced the pc games selection which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Anyone else really disappointed with Doom3 on xbox? Its all a bit, well, boring really, no?QUOTE]

Same on the pc tbh. Terribly outdated game design. Far cry and HL2 were much much better games imo.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wowfagger

BloodBath wrote:

Anyone else really disappointed with Doom3 on xbox? Its all a bit, well, boring really, no?QUOTE]

Same on the pc tbh. Terribly outdated game design. Far cry and HL2 were much much better games imo.

BloodBath

If its a bit boring on the xbox its because its a bit boring on the PC, still impressive that xbox can render it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The good advice dispenser says: 'Don't bother with the high street muppets and get or 'borrow' someones credit card and buy online'.

ur damn rite, high street shops are only good for 2nd bargains...
    that said i bought a 2nd hand Pro evo soccer 4 for E20 on xbox and it didnt work, i came back a day later and they gave me a brand new one!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Absolam wrote:
    I saw this thing the other day; you can buy a prepaid one shot credit card in banks now, specifically for use on the Internet. You just walk in and buy it then use it for whatever on the net..quite a good idea I thought.

Where the hell does that? That sounds cool (to stingy people like me who dont feel like paying govt credit card tax BS).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

another anti-gamestop rant

just rang 3 gamestops none of them have guild wars, nor have they had it, getting it or even heard of it

and there i was thinking it was currently the no.1 selling pc game?

madrab wrote:
    another anti-gamestop rant

just rang 3 gamestops none of them have guild wars, nor have they had it, getting it or even heard of it

and there i was thinking it was currently the no.1 selling pc game?

theyre not too bad for second hand console stuff, but hopeless for PC games, no wow on launch and now no Guild wars, I had to buy mine at Game Henry street they had loads of copies

Advertisement