Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i convert to aac for a nokia ?!?

• 04-05-2005 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

anyone know a program to convert mp3's to aac that will work for nokias ? all the programs ive tried that convert them dont seem to work when i put them on the handset.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 paul.ka

What model is it, and what programs have you tired so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

its a 6230 and ive tried nero, audio commander and dbpower amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

why don't you just use mp3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

because id rather fit 400 songs on my phone than 200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Acc blows, you'll probably regret it, I got nokia multimedia converter 2 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Fabritzo wrote:
    Acc blows, you'll probably regret it, I got nokia multimedia converter 2 though.
    Erm, why does AAC blow? There's no sound loss (if the MP3 was initially bad quality, then of course the AAC will be too), and the compression is better, therefore more songs on your phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

i think people are confusing .aac with .amr
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Anyone know why it's not possible to use an aac file as a ringtone on a 6630?

@fade2black
    is it on vodafone? if so, the vodafone firmware has it disabled to make u buy their tones on vodafone live!
    :)

• Advertisement

wolfman wrote:
    @fade2black
    is it on vodafone? if so, the vodafone firmware has it disabled to make u buy their tones on vodafone live!
    :)

:mad:

However, in my research I have found away around this and am now happily using these files to play my ringtones. Cheeky vodafone all the same, luckily there's a way around everything these days.

yeah, like all these things there are ways around it alright, but its a bit of a pain the way networks can actually limit the functionality of a handset.

:(

Sure is, I did lose hope alright when I found out that Vodafone has removed some firmware from the phone just so we'd be forced to download the tunes from their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

ok it didn't work for me, i got and error message. does anybody know of any other ones?

Advertisement