Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWIFT Transfer Problem

Options
  • 04-05-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

I sent some funds to Germany via SWIFT on the 20th April from my Permanent TSB account. These funds have still not arrived in the designated account, furthermore i was charged 10 euro for this service. I have since been down to the bank last thurday to find out wtf is going on, they said that they have put a trace on the transfer and will contact ASAP. I have still heard nothing from them. My question is, has anyone else had a similar problem to this, if so how long did it take to be resolved. Also i have heard it is now illeagal to charge more than 50 cent for SWIFT transfers anyone else know if this is true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

If you go swift payment they ride you and it takes longer. You have to have the swift and the IBAN number to avail of the 50c fee(both on your bank statement). To speed it up get the sending bank to quote you a transaction/reference number and it usually comes faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Yes i did provide a IBAN and BIC(swift code) its mandatory for sending Swift transfers. I have sent many within Ireland and have always had to pay only 50 cent. Why was i charged 10 euro this time? I heard it was illeagal to charge that much when sending within the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why was i charged 10 euro this time

Did you ask specifically for a SWIFT payment - because that's a slightly different kettle of fish than the standard IBAN/BIC transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

BuffyBot wrote:
    Did you ask specifically for a SWIFT payment - because that's a slightly different kettle of fish than the standard IBAN/BIC transfers.

I just asked to have money transferred to the account in Germany gave them the details i got from the German company (IBAN and BIC) and the bank did the rest gave me a reciept for a SWIFT transfer. I never asked specificaly for a SWIFT transfer they just did it that way. I still have not had this resolved yet, i have been down to them numerous time and they keep saying they will ring. To this day i have not recieved one call from them on this issue.

Advertisement