Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trading euro for american

Options
  • 04-05-2005 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

I recently bought wow only to find that my mate play on the america servers I was wondering if any1 wants to swap a euro account for an american 1 thing i wondered was if id need different cds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

As far as i know there are subtle differences and u need the american cd's.

Ill see if i can find my american cd's.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I've an american copy I'll swap ya. Account details and all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

well if we need to swap cds then ill look into that but ill need to sort it at the weekend since im at college atm and cant sort out my account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm pretty sure you dont need the cd's. If you install with the current version that you have and change the server in the realmlist.wtf in your \WoW\ directory, to that of the US server (and vice versa) then it should be fine. The client will connect to the server and download the update for that server.
    Get someone playing on the american servers to tell you what it says in realmlist.wtf.

Check the WoW forums if you need more specifics, or try google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

are u sure its possible to do without changing account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

You will need a US account id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Yeh you will need a US account, The Cd's you have may work although my concern would be the difference in patching and so forth. I think the US is the same version but I'm not sure what differences may be included in either one + you probably wont be able to patch the EU version with the US patches.
    This might not be too much of a hassle but on the basis that the US release a patch some time before the EU verrsion is released you will have to wait for an EU patch to play.
    In saying that I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Sorry, yeah, my point was that you didnt need the different version cd's. That it is the same initial client and the patchs are the same also.
    You will need a US account though.

Advertisement