Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pete cornish

• 04-05-2005 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

anyone know if any of the dublin shops stock pete cornish pedals?
    I'm looking for a good overdrive into a clean amp and from what i've read the ss2 looks about the best....i'd just really like to try one to see if it's worth the vast amount of loot...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i don't think they do bud not too sure buti don't think so... i'd recommend a robert keeley modified tubescreamer... look really good.. i have a modded ds-1(feylya sold it to me) and its way better than a normal ds-1 or probably any od/dist pedal i've used...just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭clay

yeah, i was considering a modded tubescreamer, but unfortunately i'm stuck with a ss amp for the time being and most overdrives seem to work better with pushed tubes whereas the cornish is recomended to use with a completely clean

i see well a Maxon OD808 Overdrive is more or less a vintage tubescreasmer with the ts-9 circuitry and is supposed to be really good for clean boost and overdrive tones..i'd say the ss2 might be better but just as another option like

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The Maxon OD808 is supposed to absolutely rock.

And it's not a Keeley DS-1 as such. It's more of a POC DS-1 :p

certainly easier on the wallet anyway! I guess the question is just how much better is an ss2 and is it worth the price difference. The claim is that they basically don't affect your tone at all compared to other ods and have much better bottom end retention.....maybe the hype has just got to me, i'm dying to try one-

• Advertisement

Any links to the pedals?

yes you should open a business poc eletronics and just download schematic after schematic (Hmm!!!)... clay i think u just need to try one and get it out of your system...that may be a problem without anyone around actually having one

TBH, POC guitars is next in the line. Maybe POC low wattage tube amps too :p

just call it poc em stuff... building a new guitar yeah

just call it poc em stuff... building a new guitar yeah...want links are u looking for for pedals...that wasn't directed at me like was it

• Advertisement

Na, it was to the original poster. Never heard of Pete Cornish pedals. Wonder what the deal is.

Edit: Jesus, look at the prices! http://www.petecornish.co.uk/Pedals.html

yeah its mad innit.. they do a soft sustain compressor thing (gilmour uses one) and jesus you'd nearly feel bad hittin the strings with any venom...its such a sweet sound... mad money though...they are nearly the price of cheap rack stuff

Two of those pedals and you could afford a FCB1010 and a G-Major :o

exactly what i was gettin at.... crazy money but in fairness they are really good from what i've seen and heard...

what got me started on them was the reviews, but you're probably right jcoote sometimes you just get fixated on a piece of gear and loose sight of the fact that its whats inside that counts....no wait, what the hell am i talking about..I want the gear!

yeah it look tempting even since i'm happy with my distortion..where u plannin on getting it if its not available in ireland

well you see the odd one on ebay for 400 - 450 dollars or else you can buy direct from pete, he delivers to your door. It is silly money but for me a nice smooth, subtle od is the perfect sound and without a high end valve amp no pedal that i've tried gets it right....and you should hear the "od" channel on my amp (fender ultimate chorus), it's just....offensive!

yeah "od" is right the hum off that amp once you stick any sort of volume on it is terrible..the clean is nice enough tho..what do u play thru it (guitar like). as we all know u just cannot recreate tube od but the cornish looks head and shoulders above its rivals

yeah, the clean channel is nice and detailed and can take plenty of volume - I got it for that and the chorus (two mics panned sounds really nice). I think it was around 500 punts when i got it back in the dark ages but i can't really remember. At the moment i use mainly a mexican tele and sometimes an epiphone sheraton although i've kind of gone off that boxy sound from the epi. I'm on to ishibashi as we speak about a jap strat and once i've recovered from that it'll either be the cornish or go for the long haul and get a twin reverb or something.....hows your own set up?

jap strat mmm !!! i'll get one someday... i'm playing a mexican tele and an ibanez edr 470 thru a line6 flextone III XL (sweet) and i use a boss gt-6 for effects but i'm floggin that cos i have a tc electronics g-major on the way from germany (woo Hoo!).. are u buying a strat now like..what one???

• Advertisement

i'm getting this one and changing the pickup covers, knobs etc to black. May replace the pickups at a later date too. This is the one I really wanted, but a 40mm nut, what kind of tiny handed freak plays a guitar like that?
    A flextone and a g-major?, man that sounds like one versatile set up. You'll have effects coming out your ears!

the first one is sexy...love the maple finger boards ... i was looking at this... and sticking seymour duncan pickups in it but not just yet... yeah effects comin out of my ears is exactly what i want... gonna get a wah and a ge-7 too cos i have a ds-1 (keeley modded)as well and the eq pedal will turn it into a monster

like those blonde ones too & i agree - light maple fretboards look great, though i know some people hate them. Different strokes i guess... speaking of which, "Anodized Gold Aluminum" pickguard...didn't Liberace have one of them?! sorry geezer, only messin! it does go well with the body colour

ha yeah its a bit spanky alright and i'd never even dream of gettin it unless it was that exact colour strat.. it tasty !!! the maple fretboards are great for nice chord work or picking or slow lead with loadsa bends...oh yeah thats the good stuff

Advertisement