Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desert Combat for BF 2?

Options
  • 04-05-2005 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there are plans to make a desert combat for BF2? I've spent a long time learning to fly the copters in DC so it would be nice to think my skills won't be lost. I imagine the copters in BF2 will be dumbed down a lot so anyone can fly them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

It seems the choppers are in between DC and BFV. This should mean that any bozo can fly them but not everyone will master them.

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

From reading this i'd say there deffinitly will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i doubt it, not by trauma studios anyway, DC realism will spin a mod, and maybe the DCX team..... but since trauma studios r part of dice now i imagine they will have put their input into the game itself....

If dice/trauma studios produce a mod for bf2 i imagine it will be either 1942 ish or namish (maybe both?).....

and the choppers will probally by simialar in theory to nam i suppose everyone can fly em, but good pilot vs bad pilot always shows....... (i just wonder why they never fixed that bug with rockets hitting part of the choppers not doing damage in nam.....tis gehy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pssst BF2 is Desert Combat.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Darth Bobo wrote:
    If dice/trauma studios produce a mod for bf2 i imagine it will be either 1942 ish or namish (maybe both?).....

reports are that they are hoping that the modding community will supply a 1942 style of mod for the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Call me stating the obvious but, BF2 is Desert Combat basically!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Call me stating the obvious but, BF2 is Desert Combat basically!

as obvious as what kdjac just said 2 replies before yours?

DC/BF2 are based in the same era, doesn't make them the same game.

That would be the equivlent to equating PoE and DC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Be nice if they gave the option for the DC control system for flying though. I can fly chopers in DC with my eyes closed but I cant get my head around the choppers in BFV, i can fly them but cant shoot a thing when I do and crach them so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

No, BF 2 is not Desert Combat. The control mechnism for the helicopters will not be the same, so the skills learnt on DC will be lost come BF 2. That was my point of the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I cant fly for **** so wont affect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I remember reading somewhere the controls will be the same but looser, as a real helicopter would feel.

MrTimewalk wrote:
    No, BF 2 is not Desert Combat. The control mechnism for the helicopters will not be the same, so the skills learnt on DC will be lost come BF 2. That was my point of the post

Thats an extreme statement, they won't be lost, the choppers are somewhere between DC and nam, so the skills will be usefull, by the looks of the vids we've seen thus far DC players have been well able to do manuver the choppers throught the streets n so on

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Darth Bobo wrote:
    DC/BF2 are based in the same era, doesn't make them the same game.

That would be the equivlent to equating PoE and DC
    POE an DC don't have the same people working on them, tho.

A chopper is a chopper tbh whether it GTA or BF , the same thing makes you good at it....practice.

So regardless of how the choppers fly practising is gonna get you good.

BF2 actually is DC after sales of BF42 doubled with the release of DC, BF2 was announced as Modern Combat then that name was moved to Xbox version. But idea is the same Bf2 is set in mdoern times exactly as DC was.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

MrTimewalk wrote:

Just because they change one element doesn't mean they are not practically or at least 95% the same thing. I'd fail to see the reason for modding it just to retain the old chopper controls.

I am a little bit annoyed about making the choppers easier to fly but at least it makes it more accessable to beginners.

dent wrote:
    I am a little bit annoyed about making the choppers easier to fly but at least it makes it more accessable to beginners.

They also added in the option to shoot the pilot in the face so the more exp fliers will be taken down.

I like that option.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Im going to enjoy killing you over and over and over in a chopper kdjac :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

KdjaC wrote:
    They also added in the option to shoot the pilot in the face so the more exp fliers will be taken down.

My God. What about the pacifist pilots who just fly blackhawks. I hardly feel they deserve this kind of treatment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

KdjaC wrote:
    IIRC, one of the first versions of DC had a glitch where you could snipe the people in planes, or helicopters, at a certain angle.

It'll be great for one reaon. DC_LostVillage. Shoot the pilot as he comes across with a full load, and everyone dies, when the chopper hits the pond:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

yah, maybe I'm being a bit negative about a game I haven't played yet, it looks amazing, can't wait for the demo, roll on june, hurrah!

Advertisement