Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wap on I-Mate Jam

Options
  • 04-05-2005 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭

When I try to connect to wap.e-merge.ie I get an on screen message asking where to save the file, but I can't select open after downloading or if I dowload the file I can't open the file, this is using both Vodafone GPRS and CSD. I can view full web-pages and mobile pages such as mobile.sky.com etc. :confused:

Also does anyone know where I can get a GPRS counter for free, or will I have to pay for the SPB one.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Dubwireless??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Hi, best is to create a new network profile (e.g. My WAP). Then under the 'My WAP' profile's Modem configuration create new entry to connect to the WAP access point (e.g. APN: live.vodafone.com User: vodafone Pass: vodafone IP/DNS: Server Assigned ). Then under the 'My WAP' profile's Proxy Settings specify the WAP Gateway (e.g. This net connects to Internet, This net uses a proxy server. Proxy Server: 10.24.59.100 (Socks 4, default).

If you are having problems accessing WAP pages preface them with wsp:// (rather than http://) e.g. wsp://live.vodafone.com

voda_wap_ppcpe_devices.ie.gif

As it's not a Live! device (here) you may only get delivered the text only version. For some reason on my Pocket PC Phone Ed. wap.e-merge.ie doesn't work (seems to fail when it tries to auto redirect...)

Advertisement