Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

med 1 fiasco

Options
  • 04-05-2005 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i filled sent in a med 1 form about 4 months ago, and still haven't got my cheque.

is anyone else in the same boat?

does it really take this long?

i know the tax office are slow, but, 4 months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Yeah. I sent mine to the Cork office in Sullivans Quay, having claims back tax for the last 2 tax years and got it back in a week. Nearly 3 months later I am still waiting. I contacted the office about a month ago and they told me there was a 6-7 week backlog on tax claims. It seems to be really bad this year, could be something to do with the new 5-year rule for refunds. If you contact them (see the Revenue Commissioners website for details) they will confirm they received your application and how long the backlog is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Took about 2 months to get mine.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Took about 3 weeks for me - in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

whats the fiasco?

Having to wait a bit? It might be a pain, it might suck as to the slowness of our public system, but not quite a fiasco is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I sent my form in in January (to Dublin), got the cheque about 3 weeks ago. It was quicker than last year, took about 5 months last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Yes, now tired of waiting nearly 5 months for the refund, I telephoned the tax office. I ended up ringing 4 times actually. Apparently their "systems were down." Anyway I was told that I shouldn't be waiting 4 to 5 months for a med1 and that they were sure that they had nothing going back to February (its now almost july).

So I said - how come I've heard nothing. Oh, apparently this could be down to "delays in processing cheques" (like hello - 2 month delay - even after I last contacted them in April). Or my application could be "lost." So I asked what did they mean by "lost"? Apparently they might have "lost" my form. Never mind the fact that they were able to find it and confirm receipt back in April - now it MIGHT be "lost".

So I asked could somebody ring me back as I'd already telephoned 4 times. No, I was told, they only answer calls, not make them. I'd have to ring.

So PPS number back in hand, I phone again today. After going through the phones again, I get a message saying "Sorry there is nobody available to take your call, please check out our website at ...... or call back later." So I call back later. Same. And later. The same. And later . . .

Now I can't even get my call answered. How ridiculous is that?

I am really at the end of my tether here with Revenue - what can I do?

I emailed them a complaint anyway, using the address on the website. I got a mail back asking for a daytime contact number so somebody can contact me. So I mailed back with one - but of course as anybody whose ever worked in a contact centre knows - taking a number is no guarantee that anybody will actually ring it and deal with the problem.

Any suggestions? Anybody else have problems with the total fiasco that is Cork East revenue? What the hell can I do, aside from turning up in person and getting angry?

Advertisement