Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips DVP630 Divx/DVD player firmware upgrade failed

Options
  • 04-05-2005 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

Guys, this is probably not the place to post this officially, but this i figure I will chance my arm to see if I can get a result..

Basically I was upgrading the firmware on my Philips DVP630 and the box lost power while it was erasing the original; Now I can't even open the drawer to get the CD-R out; If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

It is under warranty, however i've lost the receipt... Typical... Anyhoo; If anyone has any ideas, will give them a shot...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Where are you based? You don't need the receipt to get it repaired. Just bring it into an authorised Philips repair shop. They can tell from the serial number when it was manufactured, and thus if the warranty is still valid.

There's a place in Rathmines which can repair it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

I'm in Cork...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Well, then Rathmines is probably a bit far to travel ;)

Ring Philips Ireland, (Google the website) and they will give you a list of authorised repair shops in Cork. Good luck

Whats the name of the place in Rathmines; I be in Dublin every 2 weeks or so anyway, just in case!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

whats the Divx playback like? Im thinking of buying this player.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

give the AV SERVICE CENTRE on Fr Matthew quay a try 021-4273796 if they cant sort it they will tell you where to go

whats the Divx playback like? Im thinking of buying this player.........

The Playback is grand, never had any problems that is until I fu*&ed up powering off while upgrading firmware; Great for DivX AVi and all that only every had one film that wouldn't play on it. Would definately reeccomend it.. I think I bought it in Argos for about 80 euro.. Bargain...

If I can't get this one sorted will definately go out and buy the same or newer model again..

Just wondering....the firmware upgrade never works for me...I just keep getting "LOADING" and thats it ....also mine shuts itself at times with no warning while playing a DVD this was happening before i tried upgrading...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

a bit off the subject and you probaly know this already, but the region free hack is -power on, open tray and leave open, then type 7,8,9,ok,0.

Advertisement