Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the wavemaster

Options
  • 04-05-2005 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

the coolermaster wavemasteranyone got this case, im considering it for the next upgrade, i have at the mo a chieftec dragon, personally its ok but heavy and a lil bulky. I like the look of the wavemaster, im just wondering what its like to use, ill be using it with air cooling because ive never used water cooling and probably mess it up. Is their any other cases you would recommend. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

I bought one from Dubdvd recently. Its a nice case, very accessible. the MB tray slides out from the back, making it very easy to assemble. It looks really good.

Couple of disadvantages: The front fans are very difficult to get at if you want to change them, you need an 8mm star (security) screwdriver bit to remove the front panel. I couldn't get one for love nor money, 9mm was the smallest. I got it open eventually with brute force, but the case is slightly not the better for it.

There is a choice between a top USB/Firewire/sound panel, or a top fan. The top USB panel is a bad deign, as the lid gets in the way, the top fan is an excellent design, and improves the cooling significantly. but you got to plug in your USB devices/headphones in the back.

I'd give it 7 out of 10

best of luck with it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

If you can believe i saw a Wavemaster CoolerMaster in PC world about 2 weeks ago (non windowed) for 100euro. I had to inspect and ask and they said there has been demand for those types of case
    Limerick PC World.

I have a TT Tsunami - was impressed by the reviews but impressed by the views if i had my way i woulda bought the wavemaster there and then.

Nukem

PS: as said Dubdvd would be one of the best to ask about that case.

That might have been the Cavalier, which is a cheaper version of the Wavemaster. I have seen them in a few of the PCWorlds around. They don't tend to know what they are selling in PCWorld :) If it was a Wavemaster for €100, buy them up. They are selling for around $150 anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

yes it not the wavemaster in pcworld its the cheaper more plastic bays Cavalier..the wave master was a great case the only problem i had was that if your thinking of puting watercooling in to it your stuck for space and the fact that there is no 120mm fans but thrust me its a great case ...the standard does'nt get much higher than this ,its full steel + alu and so so sweet on the eye ...go for it ...be be forwarned its tight for any heavy watercooling ...but you could always put in an aquagate watercooler ....

Don't be silly,thats why i checked. It was defo a Coolermaster. Thats why i posted,hence picking it up checking the spec and asking someone. Ya its hard to believe PC World with a a good brand name.

By the way the Cav was next to it. I know the differnce.

Nukem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

:d sorry mate ..wow thats a great price i might get one ...nice to have

dubdvd wrote:
    :d sorry mate ..wow thats a great price i might get one ...nice to have

*Chuckle* nah its funny i couldnt belive it either. I asked them about 4weeks previous for an anti static wrist band and a 120mm fan less than 21dBa and they looked at me like i had two heads.

PC World with you all the way:rolleyes:

Nukem

Which PC world was selling those Wavemasters ?? I can see a few going on the boards next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Nukem wrote:
    *Chuckle* nah its funny i couldnt belive it either. I asked them about 4weeks previous for an anti static wrist band and a 120mm fan less than 21dBa and they looked at me like i had two heads.

PC World with you all the way:rolleyes:

Nukem

The staff in PC World know how to sell PCs, not how to build them. Most of them anyway. Their "Component Centre" accounts for 2% of their business, so why train staff for it..

Other decent prices that i noticed include;
    Wireless G Router/Modem & USB Reciever - €99
    Hiper 480W PSU (Modular) Silver Label - €75
    6800GT - €430 (my bro bought an XFX one that ended costing him that from ocuk).
    Logitech MX700 - €35
    160GB S-ATA Samsung - €99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Got the wavemaster meself, very happy with it. It was my first build so i dont really have anything to compare it with but it was quite easy installation wise. Removable m/b tray was a godsend. Like others said it wont take a watercooling setup too easily, i'm using a zalman reserator which is external so no problems there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Have one as well. Like the lads said removeable mobo tray is a great idea. Very nice front design and the mirror shine is gorgeous on the top and sides. One thing I find though is that if you have a more than one hard drive, and also a fairly long video card (by that I mean 9800 or Ti4600/FX5900 size or larger)things can get a bit tight towards the front edge of the motherboard. I have wires running all over the place with temp sensors, breakout box, fan controllers etc. :o so I would personally prefer if the hard drives were mounted "crossways" like they are in my other case, an Antec Sonata. Also the top mounted USB/firewire/sound ports are silly, I replaced them with a fan(80mm fanholder comes as part of the kit for this) This and the fact that the rear fan is only 80mm are things I wish were different, besides that qualitywise it is a fantastic case. The chassis is as strong as an aluminium case gets, there is no give or flex in any of the hardware mounting areas. Would definitely say it is a good case.

Advertisement