Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Internet Bank in Ireland

Options
  • 04-05-2005 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Rabobank have set up a new internet only bank. Anyone have any thoughts/issues with this? Their saving account rate seems to be ahead of everyone elses.

I might go ahead and setup an account with them as I was going to setup one with Northern Rock. Anyone had experience with their online demand account?

The Register

Rabobank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Hey if they offer 3% they've got my business :)

Northern Rock only offer 3% for the first 6 months before going down to 2.6% is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I am strongly considering it. I was looking at Northern Rock, but you need a minimum of 1000 Eurons to open an account and can only transfer in 500 or more at a time.

I am looking for an account where I can lob in 10 Euro here and there when I have spare cash.

There is no reason the 3% will stay. I couldn't find anything on their website to say it would remain at that indefinitely. If I had my cynical-about-Irish-banking hat on, I would say it would stay for about a year until they have a customer base and then they will drop it. Then again, they are not an Irish bank, so I have no reason to mistrust them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

And the best thing about them so far is that the account is a no notice required one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Petal

What are the fees like, compared to say AIB fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

www.rabodirect.ie

As for fees, I don't see any fees for opening your savings account/withdrawing/closing your account listed and as they aren't really providing other service as of yet, I'm not sure other fees there could be.

• Advertisement

Well all I can say is wow.

They updated their website now.

You get 3% with instant access and that beats northern rock which drops to 2.6% after 6 months.

And their investment fund only has 0.75% entry and exit charge. Unlike the next best fund quinn life which have a 1% per annum charge.

I'm signing up to rabodirect now! :)

I want to sign up but is anyone else uneasy about putting an original of their utility bill and their tax free allowance cert from the revenue commissioners.

(Northern rock are the exact same as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nah, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

What's the worst they can do - pay your ESB? :D

well i was more worried about my tax free allowance cert from the revenue commissioners going missing in the post ... i kinda need that

Advertisement