Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Flash Carwash System

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Someone told me Halfords have a branch in Liffey Valley Now :confused:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

prospect wrote:
    Someone told me Halfords have a branch in Liffey Valley Now :confused:
    http://www.halfords.com/650.asp

Well there you go...

Chunks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Gegerty wrote:
    Anyone know if any shops in Dublin stock the new Flash carwash? Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.halfords.com/opd_product_details.asp?id=20632

Supposed to be excellent
    saw in Halfords in Blanch this very evening

Spot the motoring accessory junkie!
    I bought one in Halfords at lunchtime yesterday.
    Will test at the weekend. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

I was thinking of getting this pressure washer from lidl...

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050512.p.Washer

should I get the Flash Carwash thing instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Trip to Halfords it is so :)

yeah I tried it at the weekend, here is my humble opinion:

My verdict = 7/10.

It does give a really good result, i.e. no drying blotches. We have poor water pressure, and just to be a sh1t I washed both cars in the sun. But the result was still very satisfactory.
    So why did I knock marks off? Well first, you must use their own brand shampoo, because apparently it contains polymers which aid the ionization process. Also, the ionization cartridges area a consumable, so the once off €30 payment for the ‘gun’ is a farce.
    I found that the soaping stage wasn’t very soapy. I like to see lots of dirt eating suds!
    Finally, the ionization stage of washing takes ages, as the water comes out in a very fine spray, you stay for ages on each panel ensuring complete coverage.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 benkenobi

sounds like a lot of hard work... i find that a good soaping with water and car shampoo from autoglim and dry it off with a leather shammy brings up the paint work no streaks or anything then 2 coats of wax if u have the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

prospect wrote:
    yeah I tried it at the weekend, here is my humble opinion:

My verdict = 7/10.

It does give a really good result, i.e. no drying blotches. We have poor water pressure, and just to be a sh1t I washed both cars in the sun. But the result was still very satisfactory.
    So why did I knock marks off? Well first, you must use their own brand shampoo, because apparently it contains polymers which aid the ionization process. Also, the ionization cartridges area a consumable, so the once off €30 payment for the ‘gun’ is a farce.
    I found that the soaping stage wasn’t very soapy. I like to see lots of dirt eating suds!
    Finally, the ionization stage of washing takes ages, as the water comes out in a very fine spray, you stay for ages on each panel ensuring complete coverage.

:)

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll get it for cleaning my bicycle :-) Considering the power washers cost about €200 you can't really expect too much for €30.

• Advertisement

Gegerty wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll get it for cleaning my bicycle :-) Considering the power washers cost about €200 you can't really expect too much for €30.

The flash carwash, and power washers are two entirely different products.

The flash carwash id designed to clean the car, an dleave it dry in 'seconds' and without those unsightly drying blotchs that need buffing out.
    A pressure washer is only designed to lift off heavy dirt. I always laugh at cars that are half-cleaned just using a pressure washer. You can see the lines where the spray ran across the car.

I am going to get an 'economy' pressure washer to clean my wheels, and under the wheel arches, but i wouldn't use it on the body of the car.

Advertisement