Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade from ISDN to POTS

Options
  • 04-05-2005 5:07pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend is looking to get NTL cable BB and to downgrade his ISDN service to POTS.

Can anyone tell me how much does it cost to downgrade ISDN?

What is involved?

And are there any gothchas?

Cheers,
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

A technician install.
    So whatever the price of the NTL technician install is.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I am MAN wrote:
    A technician install.
    So whatever the price of the NTL technician install is.

Thanks, for answering, but I'm afraid that is completely wrong.

NTL is cable, it works over the standard NTL cable TV network. It has nothing to do with telephone or ISDN. So when the NTL engineers come to install cable BB, they won't go near the ISDN/telephone line, instead they mess with your cable TV connection.

The reason he wants to downgrade from ISDN is because it will save money and he doesn't need it for internet anymore.

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I am pretty sure it is €99. Anthough someone here has said €75.

But it is up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Not answering your question bk, but just to suggest that your friend could consider dropping his phone line altogether and using VoIP.
    E.g. using blueface he could save quite a bit on line rental and call charges.

causal

Advertisement