Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2

Options
  • 04-05-2005 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Microsoft have released the Beta version of Visual Studio 2005 2 and can be ordered free from
    http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/getthebetas/

Ordered it this morning... apparently should be here in 28 days. Pity I didn't have it during my assignments :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

just ordered a copy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

Downloaded it a week or so back from my MSDN Universal subscription site :p

Speaking of that, if anyone is thinking of getting an MSDN subscription, work related or otherwise then you should check out the new pricing model. The new MSDN Premium subscriptions is going to cost more, but if you get Universal now you will get a free upgrade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The non msdn subscription heads may wish to download the express products - http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Out of interest, does anyone know if it has a time limit on it? Like does it only work for 60 days or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Not that I'm aware of, I don't think beta's usually have a time limit. That's usually the demo versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

Evil Phil wrote:
    Not that I'm aware of, I don't think beta's usually have a time limit. That's usually the demo versions.

I remember the first .Net releases and either beta2 or RC1 was timebombed wasn't it? It caused a little bit of a stir because Microsoft didn't let the developer community know about it at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I think that was RC1.

I did hear off someone it expired in August but there's no mention of this on the website... so I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

FWIW you also need XP SP2 to be installed.

Not for me, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Didn't the last time they did this they didn't lock it one to customer and some guy ordered 500 of them for a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Hobbes wrote:
    Didn't the last time they did this they didn't lock it one to customer and some guy ordered 500 of them for a laugh.
    yeah some guy in america ordered hundreds of them using a macro.

i posted a link to the thread in ah,
    you wouldnt believe the bad rep i got for thinking it was slighty amusing :/

Was that not the SP2 cd?

Advertisement