Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSV V Milan

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

PSV were indeed the better team tonight but have only themselves to blame,you cannot expect to defend like they did for Milan's goal and expect to get away with it at this level...i predicted some time ago Milan would win it and ill stick by my prediction.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

smemon wrote:
    typical milan really, if i were liverpool, id be very worried, certainly not encouraged.

milan play brutel for 180mins, completely outplayed and deserve to lose and they somehow pull off a victory. imagine what they'll do to liverpool when their up for it (they were complacent tonight).

psv wouldnt hurt liverpool, they dont have the experience and cant defend like liverpool or milan can. milan are a big name which will mentally pose more of a threat to liverpool. on their day liverpool could sneak a victory but as weve seen tonight, even if milan have a bad day against a quality side on a good day, they can still pull off results.
    Sums it up nicely - my bet is either a Milan v Juve or a Milan v Chelsea final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

smemon wrote:
    milan are a big name which will mentally pose more of a threat to liverpool

Juve and Chelsea were also big names, we play better as the underdogs...

I think PSV would have damaged Liverpool if they got through they have good wingers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Milan really are pants! The midfield is there to be taken apart, if I were a PSV supporter I'd be "sick as a parrot" indeed.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Man, im dissapointed! :( Really thought PSV could do it, and when that header went in....

A great ending to the game, thoroughly enjoyed it...come on Liverpool in the final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Seedorf had a terrible game and Gattuso was well off, Pirlo wasnt very influential either kaka played o.k on their day though there an awesome midfield and you cant deny it.

If Milan keep playing like this Juve can win the scudetto and Liverpool can win the CL.....works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Great game for the neutrals, ul PSV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

eirebhoy wrote:
    PSV have been the better team over the 2 legs.

Milan have been the best team overall in the competition.

And it is dissapointing that Milan could not have played as well as they did against Inter and Man Utd instead of just not playing well at all. They were so professional and clinical previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Typical Milan, they always win no matter how **** they play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I'm sure Benitez will study the two legs very well and will tactily mastermind a fifth European win for the pool. The pool can definitely beat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Gangsta wrote:
    I'm sure Benitez will study the two legs very well and will tactily mastermind a fifth European win for the pool. The pool can definitely beat them.

No point in doing that , its not 2 legged anymore its one match 90 minutes usually decided by one moment/mistake.

Should be a rip roaring final ....

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,756 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

First post in here :)

As a PSV fan, of course it hurts. After the result of the match in Milan I had pretty much given up hope. The team obviously hadn't and fair play to them and to Hiddink for making it the great game it was for anybody that loves football

Eamo said they were "extremely extremely unlucky"

I'm proud of them

I've never been keen on Cocu before, whether he was playing for PSV or for Holland, but tonight he's back in me good books. His first goal was as solid as a header comes and the second was superb imho although obviously it didn't matter any more

AC Milan was most disappointing and their reputation for being extremely difficult to score against was pretty much shattered. They still pulled through though. I expect their superstar players to get some kicking by Ancelotti and I do not expect a repeat performance in the final

They are beatable though. Looking forward to Liverpool - AC Milan

As I'm now neutral, I can just hope for some great football in the final :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What a lousy, completely inevitable finish :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,756 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What a lousy, completely inevitable finish :(

Not sure what you mean there mate. No party tonight though were you are though, that's for sure :(;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not sure what you mean there mate.

I think Pickarooney is refering to that "inevitable" Milan goal.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

smemon wrote:
    psv wouldnt hurt liverpool
    On the contrary, I'd be much more worried about those pesky Korean PSV players running at Finnan/Traore than say... Cafu.

HAHA!

Jokers fooling yourselves. They will have to raise their game to the level they played against Utd and they will do a job on anybody. That was not the same team who played against PSV in terms of performance. I would like to think the real Ac Milan team will show up for the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'm a Milan fan too, I've already said that Liverpool v Milan is my dream final. I know how good Milan can be, but I still think Liverpool can roll them. I'd be much more worried against PSV as Liverpool would probably go in slight favourites, which wouldn't suit them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

mike65 wrote:
    Milan really are pants! The midfield is there to be taken apart, if I were a PSV supporter I'd be "sick as a parrot" indeed.

Mike.

no Milan where **** during the 2nd leg, but only because they had a 2 goal lead ... which they though they could hold onto .. the didn't so they won't be making that mistake again. Liverpool i'd say will get what manU got done to them, but it's only 1 match ... and rob a auld classic,

Anything can happen in football , and it usualy does. :D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Megatron wrote:
    no Milan where **** during the 2nd leg, but only because they had a 2 goal lead ... which they though they could hold onto .. the didn't so they won't be making that mistake again.
    They were shít in the first leg aswell as the 2nd leg. They've also been poor in the league recently. How Fiorentina should have beaten them, they were all over them. They scraped wins against the bottom clubs Chievo and Siena. Although, the bottom line is, they're still winning. :)

And this will be what...the sixth champions league medal for Seedorg at 5 different clubs???

cheesedude wrote:
    And this will be what...the sixth champions league medal for Seedorg at 5 different clubs???
    1 with Ajax, 1 with Madrid, 1 with Milan. I think. Morientes could have been going for the record too if Monaco won it last season. :)

HAHA I knew I had that wrong somehow. He claims he won another medal with Real too before he left there.

Slightly off topic, so Ronaldo has never won a European Cup medal???:eek:

cheesedude wrote:
    HAHA I knew I had that wrong somehow. He claims he won another medal with Real too before he left there.

Slightly off topic, so Ronaldo has never won a European Cup medal???:eek:
    He won the Cup Winners Cup with Barca in '97 and the UEFA cup with Inter in '98. Think thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

eirebhoy wrote:
    They were shít in the first leg aswell as the 2nd leg. They've also been poor in the league recently. How Fiorentina should have beaten them, they were all over them. They scraped wins against the bottom clubs Chievo and Siena. Although, the bottom line is, they're still winning. :)

they actually lost against sien which is even worse, plus they drew with Brescia after going 1 nil up, they just sat back after it.

Milan - Juve on sunday! how do ye think that'll go?

Advertisement