Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christians future

• 04-05-2005 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

It seems that Christian is to be this years 'break-out' star. He his getting planty mic time, and is hinting at being a main eventer. Now the wwe wouldnt have him doing this, if they werent about to push him, so where do people see his future? Apart from being drafted to SD which at this point seems to be a given.

The main option that I see, is have him feud with Cena soon after arriving. This could throw up an unwanted problem though - Christians rising popularity, and Cenas waning popularity. Ill qualify that last statement by firstlysaying that Cenas 'over-ness' is almost totally with kid marks, who just think Cena is funny, and dont care much for how good a match is, as long as Cena wins. Secondly, look at Christians promo the other night - not heelish in the slightest and had the crowd almost fully behind him.

So Christian goes into a feud with Cena - two of arguably the best in the business on the mic. Can Cena stay as top face in this? What can Christian do to totally make everyone turn on him again to make him as hated a heel as, say, JBL? Not much as far as I see it. So that leaves another question, do they turn Christian face, and Cena back heel (where IMO he is far better)? Risky, as Christian as a top face is a total unknown. Now, if they arent to have them feud, then they have made a joke of Christians push, seeing as the Cena seems to be the focus of its attention.

Heres what i would like to see happen - Christian arrives on Smackdown to 'save it from the depths of mediocrity it was once in'. He stays for a while as a tweener type character, attacking both faces and heels. he will cut promos on the fans, saying that because they watch this substandard bile, a guy as ordinary as Marky Mark (I love the irony of that name!) becomes champ. Have him feud for a small bit with Mysterio to increase Christians heel draw, before eventually crossing paths at Survivor Series with Cena.

Just a thought, but what would others like to see panning out for "CLB"?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think a key factor here is the issue of whether Tomko will join him or not. Even though I think Tomko is a rubbish wrestler, I think he is good for Christian in the role of the "Problem-Solver". If I was a script writer on Smackdown here's what would go down:

Christian shows up (with Tomko) and calls out Cena challenging him to a Battle Rap. Cena of course accepts and let's assume that Cena wins it. Christian then disses Cena and his "Chain gang" and says the people should instead join the "Peepulation". Cue some boos from the crowd and Christian then snaps and he and Tomko deliver a beat down on Cena. This leads to a feud with Cena and I would have Cena beat Christian and retain his title. I would then place Christian into other feuds with guys like Rey and Booker T(who he had a feud with before). I would have Christian be a key focus backstage as someone who thinks he owns the locker room. Have him and Tomko strutting around and have Christian hit on the ladies. He could become a cult favourite but I don't see him getting more support than Cena if he goes to Smackdown as most American fans are quite casual and will not root for Christian over Cena in my view. I think he could do very well but I dont see him winning the WWE title in the near future and I don't personally think he should win it so soon if he does go to Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Christian shows up (with Tomko) and calls out Cena challenging him to a Battle Rap. Cena of course accepts and let's assume that Cena wins it. Christian then disses Cena and his "Chain gang" and says the people should instead join the "Peepulation". Cue some boos from the crowd and Christian then snaps and he and Tomko deliver a beat down on Cena.

The only problem there though is that it could backfire something huge, and the crowd cheer Christian. Its not against the realms of possibility, and IMO would be the probable outcome if that were to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote:
    The only problem there though is that it could backfire something huge, and the crowd cheer Christian. Its not against the realms of possibility, and IMO would be the probable outcome if that were to happen.

Well I think if it took place in Ireland this would happen. I think American audiences are alot more casual though. Besides, on Smackdown they can edit the crowd reactions if they want. I do think Cena has become very stale though and I think in contrast Christian is getting better and better. I would root for Christian over Cena in a feud myself. Cena can usually wipe the floor with most guys on Smackdown when it comes to mic skills but Christian is a different story. The writers better give Cena some good material!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

gimmick wrote:

a guy as ordinary as Marky Mark (I love the irony of that name!) QUOTE]

I think he's actually callin him that cos he's the head off "Marky" Mark Wahlberg.You may remember him from New Kids On The Block and "star" of Planet of the apes and Italian Job. Whats gettin Cena over so much IMO is that he really sells himself as one of us, having shelled out his cash for tix as a kid etc etc and "that he be about it" and prob the last time we've seen someone we've looked up to as "one of us" is Austin!

Christians push seems to have come from nowhere. He beats Benoit, gets cocky in Mcmahons face and steals the show at Raw the following week and now we cant get enough of em and its more than he deserves after years of busting his gut at mid card putting in main event perfromances. I just hope his push works out for him and he remains heel thro out.

Just get him to beat up Mysterio, seems if ya need a heel push on Smackdown thats what ya do (see Brock, Show, A-Train and now Eddie) :D
    I like the idea of him bein the cocky upstart and walkin round like he owns the shop, could work as long as its done differently to Booker T's whole not wanting to be there angle from last years draft.

Advertisement