Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom slow

• 04-05-2005 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

anyone else having problems with eircom over the past 24 hours? the max download speed im getting is about 26k/s, any suggestions as to why is so? i amn't behind zone alarm or anything like that

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

same here very slow, but according to eircom this is normal(their test page says, you should be getting between 25kb/s - 200kb/s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

CyberGhost wrote:
    same here very slow, but according to eircom this is normal(their test page says, you should be getting between 25kb/s - 200kb/s)

jeez that s a fairly broad range, at the mo eircom aint much better than dial-up
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yep, first it was 100k - 200k, now it's down to 25, I posted a thread about this, but got flamed and thread locked, but I still believe it a BS! come on how is 25kb/s normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

It's pretty normal, after all it is RADSL.

Being rate adaptive from 256k to 1M or 256 to 2M depending on the product you're on.

Advertisement