Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin on sunny days

• 05-05-2005 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

I suppose I'll start off the first serious thread here! With summer just around the corner..

-The beach (killiney/portmarnock/bray/?)
    -The zoo
    -Go to phoenix park
    -Go to stephens green
    -Take a walk up the mountains

Feel free to add to this folks.. !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Lazing around in the many parks is always a favourite for me, probably because it involves little to no moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭r3boot

barbie...drink....drink .... drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

barbies are nice, and alcohol..... do i need to comment? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Swim in the 40ft Sandycove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭golfgirl

1) Defo swim in the forty foot - invigorating and not too cold once you get in. Last summer a seal was swimming close by, jees he looked scary, but a fellow swimmer quipped 'Don't worry girls, it's not his dinnertime yet!' ;)

2) A game of golf - not everyone's cup of tea but imho a great day out. :D

3) Walk on Dun Laoighaire pier - chiming of moored boats magical.

4) Big BBQ with friends and family, sangria and cider. No better was to spend a balmy summer evening.

5) Fishing on a lake from a boat - okay so you have to get to Wicklow and sunny days are not good for catching the fish, but heaven. :)

That does it for me .. we're lucky to live in this town, ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Find a nice beer garden or any garden and cider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Agree totally with golfgirl

Apart from the swimming bit ... (Cant Swim ;) )

Jet Ski's also fun if you can get them

Also like to go my secret park Iveagh Gardens no one really goes their and I never seem to get anyone hassling me, really nice grass \ well kept etc and loads of places to sit in the shade or sun, good coffee around the corner, great spot to bring a good book and sit all day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Aquatic Centre (its reopening in a couple of weeks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rom1

Go up Three-Rock Mountain for a lovely view on the city...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

esel wrote:
    National Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin is great (and free!). Buses 13, 19, 83 stop outside, 19A about 200 metres away. Great car park - €2.

Buy a guide/map (about €2?) and see it all. Restored glasshouses are a treat (if interested, there is a small exhibition giving details of the restoration at the rear of the Curvilinear). Pond area is very picturesque. Cafeteria is pleasant. Altogether a nice way to spend a sunny afternoon. Allow about 2 hours. Closes at 6pm (4:30 pm in winter).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Viking Splash Tour, a bit pricey at 15.50 an adult and 8.50 a child, but definitely worth it. Ticket office is up on Patrick Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Lazing around in the many parks is always a favourite for me, probably because it involves little to no moving.

Yeah, Stephens green is great on sunny days. Just grab a few friends and just all sit... the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Go 4 a cycle up Three rock.
    A game of tennis in a park
    FRIZBEBEBEBEBEBEBEEEE
    An outdoor LAN lol ;)
    Some bivi wacking
    Get a nice big kite and go 2 a park/beach
    Volleyball

Swimming in the 40ft... cnt wait to do that again, did that in December when I got a dare from some of the family over X-mas. Enjoyed it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Go to Botticelli's ice cream parlour in Temple Bar (across form that Temple Bar shop that used to be The Source) and get some ice cream there. I especially recommend the kiwi flavour, but they're all good. Eat it as you browse the (albeit slighhtly overpriced) weekend bookstalls or sit in the square and people watch.

It's mostly about the ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

The secret gardens for frisbee and chilling.... ahhhhhh

Secret Gardens you say? hmmm...

yes indeedy the secret gardens... nicer than merrion square park in my eyes (i work right next so thats boring now)... i'd even say its the top park in dublin and the fact that it is still a hugely un known spot makes it better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Where are these secrec gardens??? Let me in on the secret :D

parks and gardens will explain everything... awwwww

Fitting nickname alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Never mind.. found it.. behind the national concert hall.. will be working by there tomorrow so might take a wander!

Be sure to report back on what you think of it.

just make sure its a good one! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

Nobody's mentioned the Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin. Free entry and some pretty amazing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

If you haven't done it already (or even if you have), hop on the Open Top Tour Bus. Learn some stuff about Dublin you may not have known. Takes a couple of hours to do the circle, and you can hop on and off wherever you like.. I did it for the first time there recently when I was hungover, and it was great fun! You also get to hang out with tourists, who are generally less miserable than the irish :D

Advertisement