Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Felix Da Housecat

• 05-05-2005 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering have any of you heard anything by Felix da Housecat?

Would you recommend his music?
    Is he good?
    Do you know if he will be playing in Ireland this year?
    Oxegen or anything at all?

I'm not mad into to dance but i definately have an ecclectic taste in music.

And would not dimiss music merely by genre.
    So if any of you have anything to say on this please reply, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeh hes well good,
    Saw him at oxegen last year and he blew me away:)
    Get a song called Shower Scene , really good track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Rocket Ride is good too off his last album. And Cyberwhore.

I saw him DJ in Cork on NYE, he played stuff along the lines of Miss Kittin, Vitalic, Green Velvet, his own stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Check out his mix of Nina Simmone's Sinnerman. It always goes down well when I play it in a nightclub. It's in loads of films too (cellular etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

He's playing Spirt this summer apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

really? God I fúcking hate spirit, although I would put up with the place just to see him.......... I really thought he would be at the Electric Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Very underated,have seen him a few times and he's rocked the place....his last album devon dazzle and the neon fever is excellent............ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im not a huge fan of his artist albums, most of the tunes need a remix to get them rockin' some of his DJ's set's are amazing, the Breezeblock set he did back in 2001 blew me away and still sounds good, if you listen to it and then listen to 2manydjs/erol alkan etc you will see where they got the Idea from....... they all credit him with the whole electroclash thing. He used to do "excursions" when he was DJing, basically he would split his Set into 4 different parts with a big silence in between and they would be quite different from each other....... wierd but good.

Looks like its the 31st of July in Dublin.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

came down for nye too, pretty weird set, was quite cool tho, 15 quid aswell! i will blindly swear he played gwen stefani twice.

of his own productions i'd ignore all of them and get instead:
    jaques lu cont remixing silver scene shower scene,
    justin robertson remixing harlot,
    sasha remixing cyberwhore,
    soulwax remixing rocket ride,

mixmag gave away a cover cd mixed by him, might still be around in some slow shops. i think bez from the happy mondays was on the cover dressed as the guy from clockwork orange.

the excursions mix cd he did is one of the best mixes i've ever heard. ( but maybe that's because i havn't got a clue and i've fond memories) best thing he's done i reckon.

in my honest opinion, he was a let down at oxygen and the newest album is patchy so listen to it before you buy it. if anyone knows of a decent remix of neon human and would tell me who it's by that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

of his own productions i'd ignore all of them and get instead:
    jaques lu cont remixing silver scene shower scene

I think the Silver Screen, Shower Scene mix is done under lu cont's "Thin White Duke" alter-ego : Cracking remix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Out of interest does Lu Cont have a remix album?

• Advertisement
Advertisement