Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthrax last night

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I think it has all been resolved now. Ach, I cant stands Metalbashing.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    And Dr J you are right - what happened to support bands from years ago that were bloody decent - seems to me that promoters just stick any oul ****e on a bill.

Remember when the headliners decided who played - oh wait it still happens Slayer and Mastadon :)

Man, some of the line ups, I've seen... Megadeth supported by Pantera, Alice In Chains, Sanctuary (two of them started Nevermore) - Metallica supported by Danzig - Slayer supported by Nuclear Assault, Suicidal Tendencies supported by M.O.D. - Judas Priest supported by Annihilator etc etc etc

I'm all for giving local bands a chance but FFS make sure they're relevant to the music of the headliner *thinks back to Dublin bands like Predator, Last Rites and especially Moral Crusade*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Doctor J wrote:
    *thinks back to Dublin bands like Predator, Last Rites and especially Moral Crusade*

LOL I remember Predator - didnt they try to become a mainstay in Fibbers on a Friday night or am I thinking of someone else?

Totally agree Dr J - prime example is the upcoming Nuclear Assault gig - the two support bands are two thrash bands - Mass Extinction and Carnival Creation :)

They were pretty good at first. When I first saw them they sounded like an Irish Iron Maiden (I still have the demo tape somewhere - tis really rather good). When they supported Anthrax they had morphed into some sort of GnR thing (bad), then they supported The Almighty (I think) in McGonagles and they had morphed into Motorhead (meh).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i am so ****nig bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Oh?

i would have been able to go but my friend bought a recording studio and wouldnt go up. how often do people buy recording studios!!!!!!

They probably wouldn't have let you in. Loads of young folk were left standing outside with tickets in their hands. Bloody disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Doctor J wrote:
    They probably wouldn't have let you in. Loads of young folk were left standing outside with tickets in their hands. Bloody disgraceful.

aye, loads were still waiting after the gig, hoping to see the lads from Anthrax - felt really bad for them - they looked really ****ing dejected

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I ****ing hate that! There's an excellent chance I won't get into either Slayer or Weezer because of my age, Vicar Street being more understandable, but still bollocks. I don't drink, I'm not going to get murdered and I'm not going to knife a security guard. Hence, I do not see a problem with me seeing bands I've been waiting a long time to see. There's no good reason I shouldn't be allowed. Does anyone know whether scanning my passport and copy/pasting a few things will work as an ID for those gigs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

this is completely off topic, but what are nuclear assault like ?, they're playing in the village....so im interested in maybe checking them out

Trash metal, quite good from what I've heard, though I haven't actually heard any of their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ramses

Here are some photos from the gig.
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~ramses/anthrax.html

Apologies for the quality but I'm no photographer.
    However I think there are a few decent ones there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Doctor J wrote:
    Loads of young folk were left standing outside with tickets in their hands. Bloody disgraceful.

I couldn't get to the Anthrax gig but what's the deal with that? When I was younger there wasn't a problem getting into gigs if you weren't 18 so why are they having a clampdown on it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

0utshined wrote:
    I couldn't get to the Anthrax gig but what's the deal with that? When I was younger there wasn't a problem getting into gigs if you weren't 18 so why are they having a clampdown on it now?

Probably due to licensing laws becoming stricter and the dreaded price of insurance. Poxy really. We'd have so much nicer young folk if they could get to see more gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

All I can say is it was ****ing awesome. I can't wait to see them again. It was my second time to see them :p

John2 wrote:
    Probably due to licensing laws becoming stricter and the dreaded price of insurance. Poxy really. We'd have so much nicer young folk if they could get to see more gigs.

Yeah, that's probably it. It's crap though, a lot of times I wouldn't have a drink at a gig so the lack of a bar wouldn't bother me and real fans could get to see the gig. They should allow something like the old hardcore shows where they'd put an X on an underage persons hand.

0utshined wrote:
    Yeah, that's probably it. It's crap though, a lot of times I wouldn't have a drink at a gig so the lack of a bar wouldn't bother me and real fans could get to see the gig. They should allow something like the old hardcore shows where they'd put an X on an underage persons hand.

But that would be sensible and result in more people being happy. We can't be having that now.

But yeah, everyone should be ID'd coming in the door and get a wristband for the bar. If you've no ID, no wristband. Simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

The TBMC does that when theres gigs on they know a load of kids are going to. Yes it reall is a simple solution to it...

I thought TBMC were very strict? It'd be a better system alright. It saddens me that people like me are going to be told we have to wait three more years to go to gigs. I have to say though, I don't care how much money I'd make flogging my ticket outside the gig, I'd much rather be inside having a good time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

John2 wrote:
    But that would be sensible and result in more people being happy. We can't be having that now.

But yeah, everyone should be ID'd coming in the door and get a wristband for the bar. If you've no ID, no wristband. Simple really.

But whats to stop giving the band to someone/buying for someone else?

mp3guy wrote:

What John2 is proposing is that the band gets put on you at the door when your ID is checked and that it be constructed so that if it's removed a seal is broken so it can't be reused. If an underage person gets drink then the person that gets it for them gets kicked out. Harsh but fair.

mp3guy wrote:

I mean one of those bands that you get for the pit area of a gig, the plastic ones that to remove them you have to break them. Of course you can sometimes slide it off your hand and give it to someone else but it wouldn't be worth the bother. And basically if you're caught drinking without a wristband, you're out the door. It wouldn't stop underage drinking (nothing will) but would reduce it to the point where letting underagers into a gig shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Check out these pics, guys...the links were posted on Bravewords.com today.
    Great stuff!

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls=1=4==114957&nbc1=1

http://aaaphotos.org/bands/anthrax/

John2 wrote:

i saw ash in limerick last year and thats what they did, i just wast drinking so i didnt bother getting a band.

Advertisement