Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Sleep

Options
  • 05-05-2005 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

The side project from Deftones frontman Chino Moreno. They've been together a while but are finally releasing an album on May 9th. Really good stuff, more melodic than the Deftones but definitely alternative.

Check them out at http://www.maverick.com/teamsleep/site/

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yea they should be great but tbh the deftones could do with getting a bit heavier like back in the around the fur days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Finally releasing an album? I thought they released one about 2 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

hostyle wrote:
    Finally releasing an album? I thought they released one about 2 years ago?

I thought they did too but amazon only has one cd listed for pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I've been following Teamsleep for 2 or so years, and they did have an album ready to release but it got leaked so scraped it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Numina wrote:
    I've been following Teamsleep for 2 or so years, and they did have an album ready to release but it got leaked so scraped it all together.
    well that album wasn't complete... but yeah there are tracks that you can download without ruining the album. my personal favourite non-album track is "mercedes". also see "kool aid party" with the general himself, mike patton :)

the album is everything chino promised. very cool, beautiful... etc.
    though i'm not a massive fan of bands doing lots of colaborations on one album, the songs are very very good. not sure how it'd translate live though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

heres where you can get the tracks they scraped, go to disco. http://www.blvdnights.fr.st/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Saw it in Tower on Friday but didn't buy it. I wanted to hear what others thought first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

listening to them on their site's player right now, pretty alright!
    like deftones but more moody/melodic

they're touring europe/uk in june, you think its possible they'll stop over in dublin ??

Advertisement