Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche Boxster Lights

Options
  • 05-05-2005 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Anyone know if it is straight forward to switch Porsche Boxster headlights without too much problem. I see the earlier models (up to 2000) seemed to have the full orange indicator style, where later models moved to clear ones. Does anyone know if its a straight swap ? Any ideas on cost ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Straight swap Trev. My boss in work has the clear ones on his 98 Boxter now.
    Cost is crazy as per all things Porsche - I think he said he was quoted either €1000 for the set or each :eek:

He ended up sourcing a set on e-bay for less than half the price

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

cheers mate, appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

no probs :) post up a pic when uve got it sorted, the car looks 100 times cleaner with the clear lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

ciarsd wrote:
    Cost is crazy as per all things Porsche - I think he said he was quoted either €1000 for the set or each :eek:

Mother of JAYSUS!!! :eek:

A grand for a head lamp?? PLease tell me you're not serious?? :mad:

I could get two Armani suits for that!!! :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

AlienGav wrote:
    I could get two Armani suits for that!!!
    Hellooo??

What use are Armani suits if your Boxster has cloudy headlamps??

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What is the use of an Armani, or any "designer" suit at all, for that matter? Anyway, if you can afford to buy and run a Boxster, you can afford a grand for a new set of headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

AlienGav wrote:
    Mother of JAYSUS!!! :eek:

I could get two Armani suits for that!!! :mad:

Yea but Boxter headlights dont turn up often in a charity shop !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yea but Boxter headlights dont turn up often in a charity shop !
    LOL !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Neither do Armani suits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

they are only 1000 because they are true xenons probably. incidentally bosch make them and in the states they are 975 dollars each. the pre 2000 ones are 500 dollars a pop. everything on a car of that price will be dear.
    for example the windscreen on an s class (single glazed not double) is 2500 euro. stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Joe-Blogs

I got a full set of lights [2 back, 2 side, 2 front] for my Porsche Boxster from a company in the UK www.design911.com Check there for current pricing. Beware of buying outside the UK as you might get caught with a LHD set which will have the beam pointing the wrong direction.

Fitting is simple, especially the front set, they come complete with bulbs and just slide into place. To remove just unscrew the two black plastic knobs securing the carpet to the inner wing [inside the front compartment] remove the cap from the rubber grommett, insert the small tube socket [comes as part of the tool kit] and rotate it one way then the other until the headlight pops out. Fitting is the opposite!

Hope this helps

BTW I have a full set of amber lights if anybody is interested

Advertisement