Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Boy 2 - wish list?

Options
  • 05-05-2005 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

With the possibility of the new GameBoy being announced at E3 and the possibility of it being able to play Cube games out there, what would y'all like to see in a handheld that's missing from DS and psp?

I think the prospect of playing resi4 on a portable is mindbending but after playing around with someone elses import psp and my own DS, I feel that there is something missing from both

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

first i've heard about this, any links to such rumours\info?

dont think its all that big a deal seeing as how the psp is a hadheld ps2. it would be nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

it would make the small gamecube discs seem like a masterstroke if it did turn out to be the case. But I'd be shocked if they were able to do it.

For instance the PSP isn't really PS2 quality. The smaller screen size helps it appear better quality. Likewise, nintendo probably could make a handheld that looked like gamecube quality - but wouldn't actually be. So you'd need to port the games etc.

Anyway - it will be interesting to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

would like to see a micro fusion reactor, which wouldn't burn your hands and would give you unlimitied battery life, LOL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's supposedly going to be more powerful than the Gamecube.

I'd like to see Konami release Axelay bleedin' 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I'd like to see Streets Of Rage... mobilised! lol

it would be kewl to get a good Zelda game on that, one of the new ones, or even the N64's would be great for those long train/bus/plane/boat journeys ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Thats right..

They have just released a pretty successful Ninty DS, the Gameboy Advance SP is not doing too bad at its dead cheap price point..

So the logical thing for them to do is release yet another, different handheld into the market to compete with themselves and sony :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I want a new 2d zelda with 25 dungeons and 80 hours gameplay.
    Please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

theyre just redesigning the GBA SP again thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

whats with all the hand-helds? in my day all I had was the big fat chunky GB original which required 4 AA batteries, had the legendary game tetris, and ran out of steam after an hour or two, now-a-days the hand-helds are as powerfull as the actual consoles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

smokingman wrote:
    With the possibility of the new GameBoy being announced at E3 and the possibility of it being able to play Cube games out there, what would y'all like to see in a handheld that's missing from DS and psp?

The new GameBoy Advance is going to be like the SP, ie a minor upgrade to the Gameboy Advance system, probably to try and extend its life for a few months more, just like the Sony PSone and PStwo PlayStation redesigns were.

I would say that, to counter Sony pushing the PSP as a multi-media device and the rise of MP3 and DivX portable players, the new GameBoy Advance XP (or what ever they are going to call it) will be a GBA with a set of multi-media features, possibly the ability to accept flash memory cards and maybe a better screen.

It is very doubtful that the new GBA will have any new gaming hardware. It isn't going to be the Gameboy 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i heard that the new gameboy is going to a be a much lower system then the ds basicly another gameboy upgrade... the ds is the main competitor to the psp but i just heard this dont have any comfirmed info

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I too have heard rumours of a new gameboy. Anybody got anything to substantiate these so called rumours?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

As a few of the lads have said its just an upgrade to the GBA SP.

The news came out at the end of February. Nothing new has been discovered or released since then. Its all hearsay until Nintendo reveal something (if anything) at E3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58091

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't think that it will be an upgrade of the GBA SP. I haven't seen any proof of this, in fact this is the first I heard of it. Links would be nice. nintendo have states that the DS is not in competition with the PSP (silly I know) and will have a new Gameboy model specifically to take on the PSP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I don't think that it will be an upgrade of the GBA SP. I haven't seen any proof of this, in fact this is the first I heard of it. Links would be nice. nintendo have states that the DS is not in competition with the PSP (silly I know) and will have a new Gameboy model specifically to take on the PSP.

Same link TmB gave:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58091

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

this is old news! Its just a new version of the GBA SP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭revolver2k

I think something like this would be cool...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000463042337/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Marts wrote:
    whats with all the hand-helds? in my day all I had was the big fat chunky GB original which required 4 AA batteries, had the legendary game tetris, and ran out of steam after an hour or two, now-a-days the hand-helds are as powerfull as the actual consoles!
    I still have the original GB and charger in my drawer beside my GB Advance and DS :D
    Ah... old skool Tetris.

Somebody nicked my old Gameboy :mad:

• Advertisement

Sell you mine for €400 ...... Ah go on...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Retr0gamer wrote:

but they're happy to have a shot at it when they can and flaunt any better sales figures?!

I think a new GB would be a bad move so soon, unless the E3 thing will just be a show off of what's coming in a year or two. A GBASPSP would be more likely imo, one that, as people have said, will give more multimedia functions and perhaps wireless link up.
    Saying that, a portable GC is probably possible by now, given that the GC is already pretty portable and we're now years past it's original creation

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Exclusive: Nintendo, and Sega merge with the help of 3M to bring you a new handheld... 3M are apparently proving ‘bride building’ networking technology…

http://gamestoaster.typepad.com/s_and_n.jpg

monument wrote:
    Exclusive: Nintendo, and Sega merge with the help of 3M to bring you a new handheld... 3M are apparently proving ‘bride building’ networking technology…

Brought a smile to my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

monument wrote:

Where do I get mine??

Advertisement