Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT/BT Broadband - Modem

• 05-05-2005 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I searched for this but couldn't find anything. Although I do recall someone else mentioning this. Anyway, I was only upgraded to 1mb when IOL/Esat/BT/whatever the fook they're calling themselves now did the upgrade, even though I was on the plus package and so I got onto them and gave them stick and so on and so forth. Shortly thereafer I saw I was up to 2mb. Grand stuff.

However, I've now been sent two more broadband kits. Has anyone else had another kit or two sent out, and if so, do they charge for this or did you return them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Your better off ringing them and letting them know.
    The return address is a FREEPOST address so ya can return them for free.
    Better than them realising the mistake and charging or demanding return i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

when i got iol bb i got one of the modems sent our and when i upgraded to BB+ i got sent another..... and just in the last few days i got a letter from SDS sading that i had another package waiting for me.... i think it was bacause they never actually upgraded me to the BB+ service until i noticed it was still runnnin at 1mb....

i havnt been charged for any of the modems... and dont expect that i will.

my advise it to keep it.... if urs breaks or if u have a mate that has the usb version then give it to them in exchange for a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

SoundWave wrote:
    when i got iol bb i got one of the modems sent our and when i upgraded to BB+ i got sent another..... and just in the last few days i got a letter from SDS sading that i had another package waiting for me.... i think it was bacause they never actually upgraded me to the BB+ service until i noticed it was still runnnin at 1mb....

i havnt been charged for any of the modems... and dont expect that i will.

my advise it to keep it.... if urs breaks or if u have a mate that has the usb version then give it to them in exchange for a pint.

Aye, this is exactly what's happened to me. I'll hang on to them and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

i was sent out 2 modems fom esat when i ordered bb a few months back. I didny say anything, either did they, plus it was never signed for so wheres the proof I ever got it :D

still a second webcam (with a working disc this time :D ) and modem came in handy.

Advertisement